Search for content in message boards

Slentz/Williams

Slentz/Williams

Posted: 20 Dec 2001 1:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Slentz,Williams,Earehart,Boyd
looking for any info on violet or Viola Slentz, lived in Pennville, ind, m Jesse G. Williams, they had 4 children. One daughter Pluma married Harry Earehart. Would like to know where they are buried at. Espically parents of Violet.
Thanks

Re: Slentz/Williams

Posted: 6 May 2002 5:39AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: Williams/Slentz
Just last week I was looking for a Williams family at the Ft. Wayne library and found the family you are seeking. Unfortunately for me, they were the wrong people, I think....
However, I can tell you that they lived in Jay Co., In. but I don't recall which twp. I was looking for the sons of Levi Williams and Mary/Polly Keltner. Good Luck.

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: Slentz, Rowse, Hannibal
I have a Eli R. Slentz who married a Mary Hannibal Rowse. They had children Myrtle Marie Slentz born February 11, 1893 in Pennville, Jay, Indiana and Francis Hanibal Slentz born October 01, 1897 in Pennville, Jay, Indiana.

Do we have a connection?

Bill Gray (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2003 1:31PM GMT
Surnames: Slentz, Rigby, Dority
Viola Slentz can be found in the 1880 Penn Twp, Jay County, Indiana census under "Shentz" (at least that's how it appears on the Familysearch site) along with her older brother Eli, sister Ella and younger sister Alice. Mother Mary Rigby Slentz appears to have married my 2greatgrandfather Charles Dority after being widowed in October 1867 when her husband Noah M. died. Viola is also in the 1870 Jackson Twp (Trenton), Blackford County census along with the aforementioned siblings (except Ella is called Plumy) and older siblings Ephram, James W., Daniel, Noah and Minerva. Noah (the father) and possibly another daughter Lucinda (d. 11 October 1859 aged 4y7m11d and listed as daughter of N and M Slentz) are buried in Hillside/Quaker cemetary near Pennville. Rootsweb lists Noah M. Slentz as b. 17 June 1824 and an older sibling Martha is also shown. Hope this helps!
I could use some help myself pinning down whether this Charles Dority is my 2 greatgrandpa.

Posted: 1 Aug 2013 5:17AM GMT
Surnames: Slentz
Hi,

I have been working on my dads side of my family tree and believe we are connected
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions