Search for content in message boards

Sullivan in Shoreditch

Sullivan in Shoreditch

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 6:52AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Hi I'm trying to look for a marriage for a James Sullivan and Mary Carter, they had a daughter Lilian Sullivan born June 1916. In the birth index it's says Mothers Maiden Name is Carter, but I got a birth certificate from Hackney that's says mothers Name was Parter, Father was James Sullivan Occupation house Demolisher. I think her mothers maiden is Carter as when Lilian died in 1946 her husband married her cousin Ada E Thorpe born 1913 in Shoreditch her mothers maiden name in the birth index is Carter. I Would be very grateful of any help please. Thank you

Re: Sullivan in Shoreditch

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 9:14AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Sullivan,Carter
This is your family so it looks like they married in 1901/2

SULLIVAN, James Head Married M 32 1879 House Demolisher London St Lukes
SULLIVAN, Mary Wife Married9 years F 28 1883 Shirt Ironer London Hoxton
SULLIVAN, Mary Daughter F 7 1904 School London Hoxton
SULLIVAN, Kate Daughter F 4 1907 London Hoxton
SULLIVAN, James Son M 1 1910 London Hoxton

RG number: RG14 Piece: 1345 Reference: RG14PN1345 RG78PN46 RD16 SD1 ED24 SN176 Registration District: Shoreditch Sub District: Shoreditch South Enumeration District: 24 Parish: Shoreditch Address: 26 Britannia Street Hoxton County: London

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 9:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi thank you for your help how would I find a marriage I don't seem to find one.that is the area that my family lived in thank you

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 11:56AM GMT
Hi thank you for help please could you tell me how to search for a marriage for them please thank you

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 12:07PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2012 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan/Carter
Sorry Jade
I had to dash out when I had just posted the census for you.
I couldn't locate a marriage for them before I went but I will take another look now.

No. Not finding anything. Maybe they didn't for some reason.

You can search here. http://www.freebmd.org.uk

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 12:58PM GMT
Thank you very much for your help I'm new to this and getting a bit stuck I'm very grateful
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions