Search for content in message boards

James or William English

James or William English

Ken English (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2002 5:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I am looking for information about a James and/or William English in Victoria County about the 1800's.

I know its not much but any help will help.
Thanks,
Ken

Re: James or William English

Kittie Hinek (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2002 11:20PM GMT
Hi, My maiden name was English so have some info on English family in Canada. My Great Grandfather was b. 1858 Collingwood Canada, Prov of Ontario. He had brothers, James b. 1865 and William b. abt 1869. In abt 1880 some of the family moved to Neb. I don't know if James and Wm did also. The parents names were Samuel English and Mary Hickey of Ireland. Does any of this help? I have more but don't know if these are your folks or not.

Catherine Fines-Wenzler (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2002 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: English, Toole, Rea
My gr. gr. grandfather was William English, born 1788 in Fermanagh Co. Ireland. He came to Emily Twp. about 1825 with 3 brothers (James, Andrew and Henry) and , what I have come to call, the younger William English (a cousin perhaps?) This William was born in Ireland about 1810.
I have done a great deal of research into these people since Henry English is also my gr. gr. grandfather. Henry's son Henry and William's daughter Mary married in 1879 ( first cousins).
So, can you give me just a little more info. so I can figure out which William (or James) it is that you descend from. Would be more than pleased to share this info. with you.
Catherine

Posted: 28 Dec 2002 6:32PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2002 6:37PM GMT
I think you may have emailed me months ago about an inquiry I posted so long ago it was forgotten. I meant to relpy but due to technical difficulties, I lost your info until a accidental search today. You may have some information I have been looking for years.
My son 16 year old son is William Charles English (I was given no choice in his first name haha) and my ex-husdand is William Andrew English, his father is William Kenneth English, who's father is William Sidney English (married to Tereas Ladouceur) of Midland Ontario Canada, his father was Sidney English (married to Gertrude Marshall) who was the son of Henry and Mary English born 1846 and 1843 in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Ireland My daughter Meghan is doing a heritage report for school this year. When Billy, aka WIlliam Charles, did his we were only able to go as far as Henry and Mary. We never knew where they lived in Canada, if they left Ireland as children due to the famine, or grew up married there then moved or meet and married in Canada, not to mention being able to obtain any information about Henry or Mary's families. You may have some information I have been looking for. Any help would get greatly appreciated. Much thanks, Carrie English

Posted: 28 Dec 2002 6:32PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2002 6:37PM GMT
I think you may have emailed me months ago about an inquiry I posted so long ago it was forgotten. I meant to relpy but due to technical difficulties, I lost your info until a accidental search today. You may have some information I have been looking for years.
My son 16 year old son is William Charles English (I was given no choice in his first name haha) and my ex-husdand is William Andrew English, his father is William Kenneth English, who's father is William Sidney English (married to Tereas Ladouceur) of Midland Ontario Canada, his father was Sidney English (married to Gertrude Marshall) who was the son of Henry and Mary English born 1846 and 1843 in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Ireland My daughter Meghan is doing a heritage report for school this year. When Billy, aka WIlliam Charles, did his we were only able to go as far as Henry and Mary. We never knew where they lived in Canada, if they left Ireland as children due to the famine, or grew up married there then moved or meet and married in Canada, not to mention being able to obtain any information about Henry or Mary's families. You may have some information I have been looking for. Any help would get greatly appreciated. Much thanks, Carrie English

Posted: 7 Sep 2003 3:29PM GMT
Edited: 11 Sep 2003 8:18PM GMT
Surnames: Rea, English
I see the surname REA listed on these postings. My ancestors arrived in this area of Ontario around 1820 from Ireland (maybe Enniskillen or Donegal?).
The first was William F. Rea who was born around 1782 (married to Mary A.). His children included James, William, and some daughters.
Around 1880 they migrated to Michigan (Hillman area).
I am looking for info as to where in Ireland they came from and exactly when. I think we may have a connection and may be able to help each other.

Posted: 4 Sep 2004 2:52PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2005 9:39AM GMT
greetings from an Australian, whose great great grandparents lived in Collingwood for some time before moving west and to the United States. I would very much like to share information, and also hope we are related!
cheers
Le Roy

Posted: 2 Mar 2007 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Rea
I am curious as to your REA connection.
I have recently been informed that a REA ancestor may have settled in the Toronto area around 1820. He may have been a brother to my direct ancestor, William F. Rea who lived in Leeds county.
We also have a connection to Enniskillen. William F. Rea's son, William, married Ellen Lavina McEwen who was born in Enniskillen in 1826.

I will await your response.

Posted: 21 Apr 2010 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: English
My great grandmother's uncle was J. J. English (John James) born in Ontario 1829. In 1864, when my ggrandmother was two she went from Oswego, NY to live with her uncle and aunt in Omemee, Ont. My ggrandmother's name was Mamie Haines/Haynes. I'm trying to find a connection between the English and Haines families so I can learn who Mamie's parents were.

I've just started looking at the English families in Omemee and wonder if there is a connection. I realize these are old posts but I hope someone is still looking.

Posted: 21 Apr 2010 3:26AM GMT
Surnames: English, Rea
I saw your post about a possible connection between the English and Rea families. My ggrandmother's uncle was J. J. English. His wife was Marie or Maria. My ggrandmother named one of her daughters Marie Rea English Dunne. I'm wondering if JJ's wife was a Rea.

Diana
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions