Search for content in message boards

EDENS

EDENS

Samuel V. Edens (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been told that some of the Edens family were living in Lee County in the 1800 - 1850 time period. Further, I am told that there is an Edens Cemetery someplace in Lee County. I am ready to believe that because I understand that a lot of my ancestors from Buckingham Co and Patrick Co came down towards Cumberland Gap to get to Carter Co TN. I would like to know where the Lee Co cemetery is located and how many headstones are there. Do they have names and dates. If anyone know where I can get the information please let me know.

Thank for letting be post this message.

Samuel V. Edens
Santa Ana, CA

EDENS

Bert Edens (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
From what I understand, there is an EDENS Cemetery near Ewing, Lee County, VA. Most of the folks buried there are in my line, but oral and some documented history has that they are almost all fieldstones. The cemetery is on the land of YEARY descendants, who also married into my EDENS line.

Edens in Lee Co

Posted: 5 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2002 10:03PM GMT
The new Lee Co. Cem. Bk does not show an Edens Cem., but it is only Vol. 1. The Edens listed are Annie Littrell, Edward Eugene, Eligah G., Ida Sarah, and Martha Jane Wilder. Does this help?

Brenda Curtis
Irvine CA

Edens cemetery

Augusta F. Sinon (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Edens
I know of one small Edens cemetery in Lee County near Ewing. If heading west out of Ewing on old HWY 58 (just past the elementary school), turn left on State Road 684 and then left again on State Road 779. At the end of this gravel road, there is a dirt lane on the right that goes back to a farm where the cemetery is located, I don't know who owns the farm now, but it was where Elijah and Sarah Edens lived in the late 1800's. Elijah and Sarah are buried in the cemetery and also (I think) a daughter and her husband Bob Lemons. It's been several years since I was there, but the only grave markers with writing as I recall were for other people who lived in the area and not the Edenses. Hope this is of some help. Elijah and Sarah Edens were my great grandparents.

Edens

J. Miller (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: edens
There is a Edens Cemetery in Keokee, Va. Lee county. My father,grandfather and other family members are buried there.
It's a big cemetery and very well maintained. Also there are Edens buried there. The first Sunday in June is decoration day and a lot of people come from everywhere to tend to the graves and meet old friends. Hope this helps. J. Miller

edens cemetery

Jane Miller (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
In Keokee, Lee County Virginia, there is a cemetery that is called Edens. There is at least two double head stone in this cemetery.The name EDENS then- William H. 1879-1932 wife Dorthulia 1880-1963 the other headstone, Echel E. Sept.13,1896 -Nov. 29,1974- wife- Carrie M. July 22,1901 no death date for her. hopefully she is still alive.Its a really nice cemetery. My father,grandfather and aunt are also buried there. hope this helps.

Edens Cemetery

Posted: 2 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2001 1:48AM GMT
Is there a transcription of this Edens cemetery in Keokee? I believe my great-great-grandfather, James Edens, and my great-grandfather John Wesley Edens are buried there, but I have been unable to confirm this.

Thanks,
Kim

Edens Cemetery

Monica Barker Wardle (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Edens, Brooks, Parsons, Barker, Morris, Flanary, Bush
Echel E. Edens and Carrie Edens were my great grandparents. Carrie (Carrie Barbara Catherine Marie Brooks Edens) died in 1996 just one day short of her 95th birthday and is now buried in the Edens Cemetery in Lee County.

I am searching for any information on Echel Eden's parents if anyone has anything.

Monica Barker Wardle

Edens Cemetary

Posted: 16 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 6:40PM GMT
Surnames: morris, Edens, Witt
Hello Monica, I have an Echles Edens from Lee Co. in my line, he was my grandmother's brother. She was Ada Francis Edens who married Edmund Smith. Her parents were Sam (Samuel Patten)Edens and Orlenia Belle Witt. Her brothers were Ecles, Alfred, John, Huston and her sisters, Dora, Marian, Mary, Ortie, Bonnie and Pearl. Sam Edens was son of Johnnie Edens but don't know his mother's name. Orlenia Belle was daughter of Alfred Witt and Martha (Molly) Morris. This information is from my mothers Bible. She was Maxie Mae Smith who married Luther Edward Morris. Hope this helps. Willie

FLANARY / BUSH / MORRIS

Cheryl Hudson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FLANARY, BUSH, MORRIS
Also researching FLANARY / BUSH / MORRIS family lines that
were from Lee county / Keokee Virginia.
My grandmother was Goldie (Flanary) Stanton(b:1909), married Victor Stanton.
Goldie's mother was Nancy Nelabell "Nannie" Bush(b: 1890 d:1973) who married William Flanary in Virginia.
Nancy and William Flanary had the following children in Lee county Virgina:
Goldie, Thelma Estelle, Dexter Talmadge, Leila May, Lois Evelyn, Clara Helen, William Roy, Ballard Merril, and Herbert Glenn.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions