Search for content in message boards

Boles Family Tree

Boles Family Tree

Charlotte K.( Boles) Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2000 1:42PM GMT
General information about Boles family Please feel free to contact me.

My Father was born 1921 Rhone County Tenn Married Evelyn Presley

Grandfather Thomas Boles was born 1886 in Tenn Married Rose Harding. Thier children names Carl,John,Charles,Ella,Hazel,Mary,June Sarah

Great/grandfather John Boles was born 1845 in /Tenn he married Susan Monday Thier Childrens Names are Shell,Andy,Willie,Mary,Mandia,Anne,Hattie,
Thomas

Great/Great/Grandfather Bill Boles was born in 1820 in Tenn he Married Sarah Mullin Thier children
was Jack,Eli,thomas,John
Posted: 12 Sep 2000 5:45PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:35AM GMT
Hi
My great grandma is JULIA ANN BOLES
don't know how she ties in to
your line but I think she does
If you go to GENFORUM.COM
and Look Under BOLES there are
some Entries there to... and
you may see familar names

Donna

Boles Family

Toni L. Winters-Kethan (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2000 7:09PM GMT
I do not have any direct info. But my Grandmother was Emma Dessie Boles Terrell.
Her father was Willis Ryal Boles b.1871 in Knoxville Tenn. Married Mitte maude Tanner in 1904 and died in 1935 in San Antonio, Texas. His Father was Telman Harrison Boles b. 1850 Married Precilla Emmaline Sharp in 1866 died in 1917

Bill Boles

Marsha Boles (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2000 8:43AM GMT
Looking for info on Bill Boles also: my ggf
Birth date of 1820 could be about right.
Bill Boles married a native indian lady named Wanda. They started out in the carolinas and meandered west eventually homesteading in north central Arkansas. Bill 'ran off' leaving Wanda with 3 sons: David (Dave), Pet, and Joe.
Dave married Sarah Ann Bookout, died about 1920: 5 children: Eunice, Chloe, Lois, Amos, and Issac.
Pet married Josie (from Melbourne AR) moved on to TX - oldest son son was Earl
Joe married Stella French - one daughter is Paula.
I am Amos Boles daughter.
As my ggf Bill Boles left Wanda and was never heard from again, I don't know that they are not one and the same.

AMOS BOLES?

Christopher Boles (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2000 12:17AM GMT
Tell me more about an Amos Boles. This made me *perk* right up. We have an Amos Boles in our family tree. We have been looking for information on him. What can you tell me?

Amos Boles

marsha (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2000 6:58PM GMT
What would you like to know? So far I've found 2. One is my father. I have not investigated the other, as I recall, is from Florida.
My father died in 1986. All his brothers and sisters are gone too. One 1/2 brother named Tucker survives and is in poor health.
His grandfather probably came from North Carolina, Bill Boles. I have not been able to find that his actual name was William. Bill married an indian lady named Wanda. They apparently left the Carolinas and eventually ended up homesteading in north central Arkansas with their 3 sons, approximately 1850-1900.
Bill desserted Wanda and the boys-Pet, David and Joe. Wanda died one winter after a brief sudden illness while she was visiting some other family (?, as the story goes. and is buried in Union AR.
The boys all married people from the area and had families of their own.
David "Dave" married Sarah Ann Bookout and they had 5 children. 4 of the children are buried beside their parents in Day AR. They are Eunice, Chloe, Amos, and Issac. Lois is buried in Fairview AR.
If this is helpful, you are welcome to contact me using: marshaberlin@yahoo.com
Best wishes for the holiday! I look forward to hearing from you.
Marsha

Posted: 16 Feb 2001 3:07PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2001 3:45AM GMT
I have been trying to find any info. on Robert Craven Boles. I believe his father was Ora Boles son of Wesley Boles. I know they are from Tenessee. My grandmother was Bonnie Ora Boles(ROberts daughter) If you have any info. to help me tie this family together I would really appriciate it.

robert craven boles

Posted: 30 Mar 2001 11:50PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2002 7:43AM GMT
did he have a son named robert dan boles my gggrandfather is robert craven boles maried laura belle cox Sherry Boles daughter of george boles...i have picture of gravesite for robert craven boles buried where robert dan is and my dad is buried there too. e-mail me at angelsvr@prodigy.net

Re: Bill Boles

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boles
UPDATE 2009:
My GGF: William Henry 'Bill' Boles/Bolls b. abt. 1837 GA d. abt. 1937 OK m. Malinda Unknown (Finley or Linley possible) b. abt. 1850 MO d. abt. 1900-1920 AR.
Family legend: Boles family came from the carolinas & Malinda was native Indian.
Stumbling blocks: I have been looking in carolinas for years, now it seems part of TN was originally part of the carolinas. Pays to know something of geography & history.
Believe my GGF was also Indian heritage like most all other lines from NC & GA, will never prove anyway.

NEW THREAD: have heard story that another William Boles in GA had 4 sons (John, William, Eber(or Ed), & Henry). The brothers went their own way when their mother died and father remarried. Their father William born SC, age 50 was in IL 1880 and Eber age 15 born AL was in Van Buren Co., AE 1880. Their mother was born in GA.

1880 Union, Izard Co., AR:
John N. BOLES Self M Male W 23 AL Farmer SC AL
Nancy R. BOLES Wife M Female W 17 AR Keeping House VA TN
Robert A. BOLES Son S Male W 8M AR At Home AL AR
1880 Big Springs, Izard Co., AR:
William H. BOLLS Self M Male W 30 GA Farmer GA GA
Malinda C. BOLLS Wife M Female W 32 MO Keeping House MO MO
William J. BOLLS Son S Male W 6 AR GA MO
John T. BOLLS Son S Male W 2 AR GA MO
Index to the Tract Books for Izard & Stone Counties in AR
Henry Boles 1854 Sec 8 Twp 16N 7 W
William Boles 1856 1857 sec 29 15N 7 W
John M Boles 1856 1857 8 16 N 7W
(these guys seem young to own land if they are any of the 4 brothers)

My GGF had 4 sons, 3 died in AR & one in TX. Bunch of Boles in TX before he got there. Last of my TX line ended up in OK (Richarson line, all Boles gone).

Any leads on Eber or Wm. in 1880 IL most welcome.
Still looking for Wm. Boles on IL census.
marshab52@yahoo.com

Re: Boles

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 7:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
hello I am looking for the boles family branch of anyone rlated to zipora cox married to noah boles, crab orchard tennessee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions