Search for content in message boards

John Darnall - b. 1630's ENG

John Darnall - b. 1630's ENG

Kira Connally (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jun 2010 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Darnold, Gunderson
Hi. I have an ancestor, John Darnall, who emigrated to St Mary's Md from England, b. 1630's. Perhaps your David and my John were related. John Darnall went to VA, and had a son David Darnall there. He also had sons Jeremiah and John Darnall. I can trace them down to me. This son David Darnold (b Richmond, VA) married a Margritt Morgan, and they had a kids David, Joseph and John. David is the one I come from. Let me know if you're interested.

Kira

Re: John Darnall & Margritt, Maryland 1600s

Posted: 27 Jan 2007 6:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jun 2010 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Darnell, Morgan, Mott
I'm working on this line for a friend, who is descended from David & Margritt's son Morgan. David & Margritt's other children included David, & Joseph, as you mentioned in your earlier note. You mentioned a son John; I have a Jean b abt 1688, no further information, who might be John. They also had Waugh, b abt 1684, & Elizabeth, b abt 1686.

So I think you are likely right that Dr. David's father was your John Darnall who was b in the 1630s & emigrated from England.

Would you mind sharing your sources for John Darnall, the immigrant? And for Margritt's surname of Morgan? I have also seen her called Margritt Mott, but I haven't seen any sources mentioned. Maybe she was married twice & one of those names was her other married name. Or something.

I have seen another message posted that said that Dr. David & family lived in St Marys Co., Maryland, until the late 1600s, when they were encouraged to leave because of their religious & political beliefs.

Thank you so much!

per page

Find a board about a specific topic