Search for content in message boards

Marquez of Southern Colorado

Marquez of Southern Colorado

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 9:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: marquez
My Great Grandfather is Juan Miguel Marquez born in 1893. He married Rebecca (Montoya) and had six children 3- boys and 3- girls.
They lived in Southern Colorado near trinidad/aguilar area. He died in pueblo, co in the 70's. We also have cousins in New Mexico and in Northern Ca., I am looking for the names of his parents..... and brothers and sisters.

Re: Marquez of Southern Colorado

Dana Crete (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2004 4:27AM GMT
Are you related to Norma Marquez-Allen of Colorado? I have a little genealogy.

Re: Marquez of Southern Colorado

J. Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2005 6:20AM GMT
Juan Miguel Marquez married Rebecca (montoya) they had 6- children. 3- boys - Joesph E. Marquez, Henry Marquez, Ben Marquez- 3-Girls- Henrietta Marquez,Dora Marquez, Eva Marquez. Joe marquez is my Grand father. he married Flossie(Stewart) Marquez in 1940's. They had 2- boys 1 daughter. 1st.1941-Mitchel E. Marquez (my father)2ndJoe (bobby) Marquez, Mae Marquez. I'm very interested in finding my great grand parent's siblings and parents/great-grand parents. what I've heard from my grandpa before he passed away that his mother was born and raised on the Reservation of the Picuri's Indian tribe of New Mexico."The one's who Paint". I have a wedding portrait around the late 1800's early 1900's that I restored of them and 1-groomsman and 1-maid of honor. Possible his brother and her sister maybe? I'm really interested in finding my Indian Heritage. If anyone has any information regarding my great grandparents family, I would love to hear from you. My grandparents Lived in Aguilar, Co. along with my Uncle Ben. My Uncle Henry lived in Trinidad,co. I also have 2nd cousins/ Aunts/Uncle in Raton or (Las Vegas), New Mexico area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic