Search for content in message boards

Rhoda MANN wife of John ESTERBROOK

Rhoda MANN wife of John ESTERBROOK

Frank L. Griggs (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2005 1:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MANN, ESTERBROOK
I am looking for information on my 2nd great grandmother, Rhoda MANN who married John ESTERBROOK. I do not know when they were born or when they married, the only information I have on them is from the death certificate of one of their sons, John George ESTERBROOK, which indicates they were both born in Canada. This son John George was born in Waukegan, Lake County, IL on August 8, 1849, therefore John and Rhoda could have been born anywhere between say 1800 and 1832.

I recently ran across the following record on FamilySearch.com regarding a Rhoda MANN:

“Birth: About 1823 Of, Vittoria, Norfolk, Ontario”
“Marriage: About 1844 Vittoria, Norfolk, Ontario”

This is the only information that is provided in this record on either her family or her husband. Is there anyone who might have some additional information on this Rhoda MANN?

Any help would be great appreciated, Frank

Re: Rhoda MANN wife of John ESTERBROOK

Posted: 11 Mar 2010 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Rhoda Mnn Grave McCall Mabee
Frank
This doesn't sound like a match to your info - but it is closer than any of the other clues on the 'Rhoda' board.

I have an unmarried (no record of) Rhoda A. Mann, b: 1824 in Southwold Twp, Elgin County, Ontario, Canada
d/o Elijah Mann and Lois Graves of St. Thomas; died 12 Jan 1866 at St. Thomas.
A few of her brothers and nephews did return to the USA, and Rhoda have followed - but she is buried in St. Thomas "Old Church" cemetery.
Father Elijah also had a younger sister named Rhoda b: 1804 in Syracuse NY who married a fellow named Duncan McCall of Sommerset. McCall re-marrie to a Naoma Mabee shortly before 1830 {which is likely an incorrct connection}

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 5:59AM GMT
Surnames: Blennerhassett, Hubbard Hobart, McCall, Fairchild, Murphy, Kniffen, Cooke, Cox
Hello to ironmann60
I have been following your posts tonight from a few years back regarding your Elinore Blennerhassett info. I think I descend down from her son Thomas to his son Thomas...then I get lost to James Hubbard Hobart b <1572ish>? Anyways...then I find common names in Elgin County, ON. This Duncan McCall of Sommerset is the s/o Donald McCall and Elsie Simpson, right. Duncan mar Jemima Fairchild my 5th great grand aunt. Duncan's sister Elizabeth Emmet McCall mar Noah Fairchild UEL, Jemima's brother. Noah and Elizabeth's dau Sarah Ann mar Henry Kilmer who had Sarah Jane who mar Charles Edward Jones Murphy. These are my 2nd great grand parents. C.E.J. Murphy's mother is Elizabeth Kniffen who is the 3rd great grand daughter of Samuel Kniffen and Mary Purdy. Mary Purdy descends from Naomi Cooke/Cox and the same James Hubbard b <1572> Mendlesham, Suffolk, ENG that I started with. And this side of my family isn't anywhere near as confusing as the other one. Can you please help me with the children and grandchildren of Miles /HOBART/ HUBBARD and his wife Elinor Blennerhasett?

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 6:07AM GMT
As a post script to my previous message...I have an Eliha Estabrook II b <1728> ENG who mar to Sarah HAMMOND in 1778 New Brunswick CAN. She was born 1739 in Marblehead, Essex Cty., MASS. He was her 2nd husband and they both died in New Brunswick. Her great grandson is John Murphy b Norfolk Cty ON who married the Elizabeth Kniffen mentioned in the previous post.

Best Regards
Alehtea
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions