Search for content in message boards

Wm. Cline, b. 1/23/1746 as f.o. Abram/Abraham Cline b 3/3/1789

Wm. Cline, b. 1/23/1746 as f.o. Abram/Abraham Cline b 3/3/1789

Diana Kading (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2002 5:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cline, MacLeod, Lance
Looking for information re Wm. Cline's descendents, looking for verification that Wm. Cline (d. 8/271853, buried in Pleasant Hill Cem) was farther of Abram Cline d. 11/23/1883 in Boone Co., IA.

Are there still Wm. Cline descendents living south of Pleasant hill? Any info re descendents who may have info or fellow researchers in this line, please contact me at dkading@hotmail.com.

Re: Wm. Cline, b. 1/23/1746 as f.o. Abram/Abraham Cline b 3/3/1789

Posted: 17 Dec 2002 4:46PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 12:13PM GMT
Surnames: Cline, Lance
Hello Diane,
I see that you are looking for William Cline(1746-1853) info. I have a book by William DuBois who is a decendent of William Cline and this is what he has written.

Page 15

William Cline b. 6-23-1746, NJ
d. 8-23-1853 Jay County, Indiana

married

Susannah Lance b. Bedford County, PA
d. 1823, Gallia County, Ohio

There childeren are:
1. Anna Mariah Cline b. 1784-1874
2. Mary Cline b. 1785-1886
3. William Cline Jr. b. ??-1830
4. Abram Cline b. 1789-1883
married
Mary McLeod b. 1792-1876
Childern of Abram and Mary were:

George W. Cline m. Harriet Moon
Joseph J. W. Cline m. Rebecca Jones
Edward M. Cline m. Salina Buttolph
Nancy J. Cline m. George W. Colwell
Norman L. Cline m. Francis E. Colwell
Abram M. Cline m. Mary J. Spicklemire
Irena A. m. Jehu Johnson

5. Sarah Cline b. 1797-1886
6. Eliz. Cline b. 1799-1869
7. Margaret Cline b. 1800-1896

Also here are some notes I have for William Cline in my family tree:

William Cline was born 23 Jan 1747 New Jersey. He died 23 Aug 1853 and buried in Pleasant Hill Cemetery on the Randolph County side. He married Susannah Lance. Children Anna Mary; William Jr.; Elizabeth; Abram; Mary; Sarah; Margaret; Conrad. Second wife Jane Woten. Children: Susannah born 1828 married John Bird; Cynthia born 1830 married David Bird and Charles Rice; Alexander H. born 1832 married Elizabeth Cochran and Lucinda Pinny; Jerushia A. born 1834 married Henry C. Mongar; Lydia A. born 1836 (was a Real Daughter) married Thomas W. Simmons; Jacob born 1838; Charles born 1841. His pension states that he had eleven children by his first wife and seven by his second. Source Page 99, Roster of Soldiers and Patriots of the American Revolution Buried in Indiana, 1938.

This is a write up on William Cline out of the Randolph County history book 1818-1990 published by Turner.

CLINE, William Cline was b in 1747 in New Jersey, the son of Conrad and Anna Cline, immigrants from Germany. William served with the Maryland troops in the American Revolutionary War from 1777 to the end of the war. He and his wife, Susannah Lance had several children and they live in Pennsylvania and Hardy County, West Virginia before they moved to Gallia County, Ohio. November 1, 1827, when he was 80 years old he married Jane Woten aged 28, the daughter of Edward Bell Woten and Jane Gilliland Woten of Virginia. Six children were born to this couple and, when he was 100 years old, the family moved in wagons to Madison Twp., Jay County----then part of Randolph County, Indiana. William died in 1853 having attained the age of 106 years old, nine months and seven days. Wiiliam, several of this family, and Edward Bell Woten, are buried in the Pleasant Hill Cemetery. Jane Woten Cline is listed amoung the early members of Pleasant Hill Church.

It is interesting to note that several of William Cline's children lived to be in their late nineties and one was 102-when she died.

Some of William's children by his first marriage had moved to the Fort Recovery area in Ohio and Jane Woten's parents moved to Jay County prior to the Cline's move to Indiana.

In 1832, Alexander Henderson Cline, was born to William and Jane in Gallia County, Ohio. He first married Elizabeth Cochran with whom he had six children who were raised by relatives after Elizabeth died in 1864, while Alexander was serving with the Union Army in the War Between the States. In 1866, Alexander married Lucinda Davis Pinney, whose husband, Wilson Pinney, was killed in the Civil War. Lucinda and Wilson had one son, Hiram Pinney. Lucinda was bornin 1837, was the first child born to Ziba and Lorhama Davis after their move to the Allentown area of Randolph County, Indiana. Six children were born to Alexander and Lucinda Cline; Louisa who married Demas Lindley; Anna Ludicia, who married William Peden, Hannah Mae, who married Joseph Matchett; Fred, who married Margaret Norris; John, who married Cora Raines; and Joe, who married Vesta kemp.

Anna Ludicia Cline was born Nov. 26, 1868 in Randolph County, Indiana, in the village then known as Allentown, one and one half miles south of Salem which is on the Jay-Randolph County line. On March 10, 1888, she married William Peden son of Thomas and Martha(Baker) Peden at the home of mother, Mrs. Lucinda Cline, Salem, Indiana.

Five children were born to William and Anna Ludicia Peden.

Diane, I hope this helps if you need any other information just let me know and I will look and see what I have. Sincerely Ann Mongar 7194@torchlake.com

lynne (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2004 1:20AM GMT
Hi ,my wife is the gggrandaughter of Cynthia Cline. You state you have William Dubois book , do you know how to contact him ,we have had no luck trying to locate him. Any help would be very nice, Thanks ,Dick Stanton

Ann Mongar (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2004 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: Mongar, Cline, Du Bois
Hello,
I have an address that you can send for a copy of book for the Clines. It says:
Copies of this William Cline genealogy may be purchased from William Du Bois Jr., 3000 University Ave., Muncie, Indiana 47304. The price is 60.00 per copy. Checks or money orders should be made payable to William Du Bois Jr.

Now I know that a cousin of mine had talk to him on the phone but that had been quite a while ago and I also know that she has emailed him too. The book is 351 pages long and not completely accurate but well done. I am assuming that you are aware that I am the decendent of Henry Clay Mongar and Jarusha Ann Cline. If I can help you in any other way just let me know! I know that William Du Bois was very busy last time my cousin talked to him and that he is also getting up in age! Bless his heart! Hope this helps! Ann Mongar.

Dick (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2004 12:38AM GMT
I was so glad to see that you wrote me back. I have sent William emails and they always come right back to me? Please here is my own email address would you please rmail here so I can write to you personal. My wife is a member of family. I cant tell you thank you enough we have posted for about three years. I will look for youe email. Many thanks, Dick & Carol
Lynne91@aol.com

Posted: 16 Oct 2010 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: burd cline
If anyone is still reading this thread and has a copy of Mr Du Bois' book - is there anything else in the book on John and David Bird? Like where they came from or who their family was?

John Bird is my 3rd great grandfather.

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Cline, Bird
I'm in iowa for the holiday, but will search the document when I get back to Colorado next wekk.

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Bird
Thank you very much for your time!

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 11:22PM GMT
I just found this tonight, and so happy to find this information about a second wife for Wm. Cline I am a descendant of Wm. Cline & Jane Woten, via Suzannah Cline & John Henry Burd (Bird) their daughter Cynthia Ann Burd m. Morris Gallop Dye, their son Raph Dye M Cora May Mcneal (my mother's parents. so if I figure right William Cline & Jane Woten are my 3rd. Great Grandparents. and today I just found out that Wm. is my connection to the DAR which my Aunt was a member of. thanks again for this updated info.
Naydine (Stump) Owens

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Cline, Lance
Naydine, I'm a member of DAR and joined through William Cline, let me know if you need assistance, or a copy of my app. I'm currently DAR State Treasurer of Colorado.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions