Search for content in message boards

Louis Zimmerman

Louis Zimmerman

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 11:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Mar 2006 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Zimmerman
Trying to trace origins of LOUIS ZIMMERMAN c.1846 married to ANNIE ? c. 1859. Children, JOHN,LOUIS,AUGUST,JOSEPH,MARY.AUGUSTA, who came to North East of England c. 1887/1888 then had three more Henry, Annie and Martha.Name of place not known other than sounds like Vishteet on borders of White Russia and Poland. He supposedly came from a well-to-do family and married a peasant girl and the family were not pleased and disowned him.

Re: Louis Zimmerman

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 3:35PM GMT
Hi
Louis Zimmerman was my great-great-great grandfather. My maiden name was Zimmerman and we still live near Middlesbrough. My great grandfather was Henry (Louis's son). We also heard the story, 'rich man married peasant girl'. Can't get any further back than this. I'd heard the family originated from Lithuania, so was interested to find out a more specific location. I'll let you know if I turn up anything new!

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 9:32AM GMT
Also, I have a photo of him.

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: Zimmerman
Hello-I am the great grand-daughter of Louis Zimmerman. My grandmother was his daughter Augusta who was the 1st of his children to be born in the NE. She changed her name to Emily Simmons. I too am trying to find out more about the families origins so will let you know if I find any new info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic