Search for content in message boards

Kohler High class of 1927 and 1928 and more!! info avail.

Kohler High class of 1927 and 1928 and more!! info avail.

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 3:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jun 2002 4:14PM GMT
Surnames: Schmidt, Nesemann, Pool, Jacobs, Newton, Berlin, Multer, Kuhn, Whiffen, Lokker, Strassburger, Schmeidel, and more
I am in the possession of my grandmother's scrap book which contains great deal of newpaper clippings, high school graduation flyers and photos from the 1920's and on. if you are looking for information on the graduation class of 1927 (first class) or 1928( second class) from Kohler High School, I have it all. Kohler baseball teams, some obits, some engagement announcements and such. If you are looking for a specific person who you know is inthese items, let me know and I'll try to copy things for you if I have their name listed.

450 names in this scrap book with articles +

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: Schmidt, etc. etc.
Since it is easier for myself and everyone else I have spent the afternoon going through the scrapbook and writing down all the surnames listed in the articles, if one of these is yours, let me know and I will let you know what I have. Abbs, Adamchuk, Albrecht, Alf, Allmann, Alperovitz, Ashenbrenner, Askin, Augustine, Badura, Bahler, Bahr, Baker, Baldwin, Balzer, Barker, Bartzen, Baumgartner, Beck, Becker, Begalke, Behling, Behm, Beitzer, Berndt, Berlin, Beste, Bewick, Bierman, Bishop, Biwan, Bloedel, Blust, Bobbe, Boerner, Boldt, Born, Borst, Bortz, Bowers, Braaz, Brandt, Brasure, Braun, Brinkman, Brott, Brotz, Bub, Budzinski, Buerki, Burfeind, Burfiend, Burns, Busch, Carey, Chase, Choynicki, Conley, Crabb, Criplean, Curtiss, Deeley, Dehne, DenBoer, Desmond, Diehl, Dixhorn, Dobryzinski, Dokken, Dolan, Dormann, Donner, Douner, Dowagalski, Doyle, Doylis, Duzenbury, Ebben, Eggabeen, Eggebeen, Ehler, Ellinger, Engel, Eppling, Ess, Etzhorn, Faas, Faust, Fellows, Ferguson, Fibiger, Firme, Fischer, Flader, Freitag, Fry, Gair, Gallati, Galousek, Gasser, Gehr, Gehrke, Geiger, Gerber, Gericke, Goesel, Goff, Goggins, Gorden, Gorr, Gottschalk, Goulden, Grande, Granger, Gray, Grotelueschen, Gruber, Gruman, Gulean, Gumm, Haack, Haese, Haldorsen, Halverson, Hartenberger, hamilton, Hammes, Hanson, Hardemann, harrison, Harvey, Haveisen, Hayden, Haynes, Hebler, Hecketsweller,Held, Henning, Herber, Herrmann, Herzog, Hessel, Hill, Hinze, Hocerar, Hoffins, Hoffman, Holzschuh, Honold, Horneck, Houwers, Huber, Huebick, Hug, Hunt, Hutchins, Hyink, Imig, Ireland, Jacobs, Jaeger, Jarchow, Jochman, Jones, Jugenberg, Kaat, Kablitz, Kaeppler, Kaiser, Kammer, Kanske, Kasabuske, Kastner, Katte, Katterhenry, Keach, Keiffer, Kellner, Kern, Kettler, Key, Kirsch, Klauser, Kleefisch, Kohler, Klessig, Kletzien, Klozotsky, Klug, Knabe, Kober, Koene, Koenig, Koepke, Kohl, Kohls, Kooistra, Kopf, Korff, Koutsky, Kraemer, Kregel, krentz, krieg, Krupsky, Kubell, Kuehlmann, Kuhn, Kummer, Laatch, LaFrentz, Lambert, Landgraf, Laughlin, leberman, Leifert, Leischow, LeMahieu, Leverenz, Lecis, lierveldt, Liebl, Lieding, Lilge, Liedemann, Littman, Licingstone, Lieffler, Lokker, Lonsdorf, Loose, Lorenz, Lowenberg, Ludwig, Luther, Lyons, Maas, Magsamen, Mahloch, Maier, Mallmann, Mannchen, Marchiado, Margraf, mason, Mauere, Mayer, McCann, McDonnell, McGowen, McGrane, Meany, Mehring, Melzer, Merten, Mertes, Mertz, Messmer, Meves, Meyers, Michielli, Miller, Moldenhauer, Moltor, Moody, multer, Mundt, Mykels, nack, Nauman, Nelson, Klein, Neu, Neumann, Newton, Noetzel, Mommenson, Oehl, Olsen, Opgenoth, Pantel, Paukert, Perlewitz, Perry, Pfister, Phalen, Philippi, Steiber, Pierce, Plataer, Pohland, Porter Poole, Present, Putz, Raether, Rahmlov, Ramaker, raml, Reding, Redlich, Regan, Rechert, Roberts, Rosplock, Rudolph, Sanderson, Schieble, Schiefer, Schmidt, Nesemann, Mueller, Moeller, Smith, Phipps, Berlin, Strassberger, Tietz, Heck, Conger, Wilbert, Windsauer, Zimmerman. There are alos many variations of the above and I'm sure some staglers that I didn't catch. let me know if you recognize anyone.

Re: 450 names in this scrap book with articles +

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 4:00AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jun 2003 3:10AM GMT
I am interested in what you have in the scrapebook for Lorenz and Opgenorth.

Thanks,

Paula

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: Opgenorth, Lorenz
C. Lorenz is listed as left fielder for the Kohler Drugs baseball team in 1954. Mr & Mrs. Chas. Lorenz are also listed on the guest list for the funeral of Hannah Nesemann. Vernon Opgenorth is listed inthe class commencement record of the class of 1933 from Kohler High School as a member of the senior class orchestra.

I hope you find something you're looking for.

Juli

Re: Kohler High class of 1927 and 1928 and more!! info avail.

Loyal F.Elam III (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Hahn, Gerlach,Hallauer, Elam
Is there any mention of the names Hahn,Gerlach, Or any mention of a place called "Everett's Lodge",I think it was a bar or tavern/hofbrau,
Thank you for any information
Loyal

Posted: 27 Jan 2002 3:11AM GMT
There is no mention of any of these things. Sorry.

Mary Beniger (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 4:36AM GMT
As far as Everett's Lodge and the Hoffbrau go, the are or were both located in downtown Sheboygan on North 8 Street. Everett's Lodge is now known as Rupp's Lodge run by Sandy and Richard Rupp both graduates of the class of 1961 Sheboygan South. They were Highschool Sweethearts.

As for the Hoffbrau, the Drews Family ran this steak house with char grilled steaks, until the late 1960's or early 1970's at which time they sold it to Richard Lauer. Richard died about a year ago. After Richard ran the Hoffbrau, the Johnson Family (I do not know any other information) bought, or leased the restaurant from a Sheboygan Accountant, but were not successful.

The Hoffbrau is for sale and has been for about 6 months, or possibly longer. Due to the failures of the past owners, if it is ever sold or re-opened, another name will probably be used.

I hope these tidbits might be of help. Also, my father was a graduate of Sheboygan High School during the captioned time frame. Please remember - Kohler was just a village and had no restaurants or places for entertainment. The residents had to go to Sheboygan for Groceries, Clothing, entertainment, etc. The village was a place to live, and the Kohler Company pottery and brass were the only place to work.

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 6:05PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2002 7:20PM GMT
Very interested in any information on the Perlewitz family. One of the Perlewitz family married a Wilhelmina Schmidt.

Posted: 2 Feb 2002 5:43PM GMT
Maritn Perlewitz is listed as a pallbearer at the funeral of Reinhold Nesemann. He is listed as an old school chum. Reinhold Nesemann was my grandmother's uncle. My grandmother married a Schmidt as well, I'm sure there is much crossing of our lines in this small town.

Posted: 14 Feb 2002 10:53PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2002 6:29PM GMT
I am interested in the Gericke info.
Thnaks,
Jen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions