Search for content in message boards

Rev. James Dudley Cole

Rev. James Dudley Cole

Thomas Cole (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 7:25PM GMT
Hi I am trying to trace my family tree, and the earliest info I have is my GGG father, Rev. James Dudley Cole b.2/9/1781 d.5/3/1853. I would like to find out his father, G Father, and so on. Does anyone out there have this info.???? Please E-Mail me.

COLE's

Gwen (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 11:52AM GMT
Thomas,

Where was your ggg-gf a minister? We have been told down the family grapevine that my gg-gf, Robert Allen Cole's father was a minister. One of his children, my g-gf Jame Brady Cole was born in Troy, Pike Co., Ala Dec 1881.

I know from doing these 11 yrs of research the Cole's are an elusive bunch.

By the way, I truly think that a "common thread" is the fact that all of my uncles went by their initials and not their given names, e.g. Lloyd David was called "L.D.", his twin brothers Henry Bascom - "H.B." and James Brady - "J.B."

Any connections there?
Gwen

COLE's

Tom Cole (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 4:28PM GMT
My ggg-grandfather was Rev. James Dudley Cole....b.2/9/1781 in Virginia. He died on 5/3/1853 in Lincoln County, Tennesee. He was a minister at The Concord Baptist Church there. He was married to Eglantine "Tiny" Leftwich..the daughter of Col. Littleberry Leftwich and Frances Hopkins on 11/7/1806 in Bedford County, Virginia. They had eleven children.............................................Elizabeth Cole
John Pope "Jack" Cole (my gg-gfather)
Frances "Fanny" Cole
Rebecca C. Cole
Jesse Leftwich Cole
Mary "Polly" Cole
Finetta Cole
Littleberry Leftwich Cole
William Franklin Cole
Joel Leftwich Cole
Dr. James Cole
These are the only children that I know of.

COLE'S

GWEN (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 6:20PM GMT
Tom,

My sister just informed me that grandma told her Robert Cole's father was either a minister or doctor.

Do you have any info on your Dr. James Cole?

Thank you for replying so fast, that was nice!

Gwen

Dr. James Cole

Tom Cole (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 6:51PM GMT
This is the info I have on Dr. James Cole.....b.around 1826.....d. in Weatherford, Parker County, Texas (no date) He was married to Mattie Artledge from Athens, Alabama. She died in Weatherford, Parker County, Texas. They had four children.....................................

James Artledge Cole
William Cole
Brice Cole
and an infant that died at birth

This is the only info I have on Him. There is a gap right here, so I'm not sure about the life span of his children. I will let you know if or when I find out any more info.
T.C.
P.S. if it makes it easier, my e-mail is tcole47107@aol.com.

Rev. James Cole

michelle (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 12:21PM GMT
I have an cosin that is a rev. but i think that his last name is Hugen I think

COLE's

TOM (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 4:33PM GMT
Tom,
Thanks so much. The info doesn't sound like mine, but the Lord only knows.

I have found that these Cole's were a "crazy bunch" (that's in a nice way) so elusive.

At the Clayton Genealogical library here in Houston, Tx......they have a huge book on the "Cole's." Very difficult to go thru because some pages are typed on old typewriters, some are blue purple from the dye's used, some are typed, and some are handwritten. Guess I will have to take a day and try to cover most of it. It is about 6" deep.

Again, thanks!

Gwen

John (Jack) Cole

Posted: 10 Jun 2000 7:47PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:59AM GMT
Can you give me a little background on your GGFather Jack Cole?

hey there

Jeffrey Troy Tyler Cole (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2000 4:34PM GMT
I have a question for you? Do you know of a Verne Cole of Califorina and his wife Dorthy Cole their children Karen, Jeff, Ellen, and Nancy.

re:hey there

tom cole (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2000 4:58PM GMT
The names dont ring a bell. But where in California are they??
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions