Search for content in message boards

Haley/Healy - Ontario, Canada

Haley/Healy - Ontario, Canada

Posted: 2 Dec 2007 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any Haley's or Healy's that are living in Ontario, Canada or once lived there. Family imigrated from Ireland, possibly County Cork. First settled near Kingston area but moved on to other parts of Ontario or USA.

Theresa

Re: Haley/Healy - Ontario, Canada

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 7:38PM GMT
This is a stretch since your post is from 2007, but I have information about the Haleys/Healys from Ontario and their migration to Michigan where they settled in and around Shiawasee County and Owosso, Michigan.
Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 7:48PM GMT
I am still working on the Healy family. I have some info on family in Saginaw area but not any where else in Michigan.

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 8:45PM GMT
Hi Theresa,
On my public family tree on Ancestry.com you can check out the Healy/Haleys in my ancestry to see if they are related in any way to the Healys you are researching. If I can help you, let me know.
From what I can determine, my Healys came from the Fitzwilliam Estate, Co. Wicklow, Ireland, around or just prior to the potato famine. They lived and worked on the estate and were put off it due to policies enacted by Lord Fitzwilliam at that time.
Good luck with your search! Maureen

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 8:11PM GMT
Thanks Maureen. I will check you out on Ancestry.

Theresa

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 2:55PM GMT
Surnames: Haley Healey
Hello- My Haley ancestors were in Ontario- Napanee and Yarker... moved to Pennsylvania- Patrick born abt 1845.. and Maurice abt 1823...

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 4:16PM GMT
My Haley ancestors - brothers Robert & Charles immigrated from Cornwall, England first to London, Ontario, then on to Wyoming, Ontario and then to Sarnia, Ontario. Both Robert and Charles died shortly after the 1900 century started in Sarnia.

I descent from Robert Haley and his 2nd wife Ellen who's maiden name was McDermid or Mcdermott. Ellen was previously married to to Buckley.

My grandfather Martin Charles Haley moved to Detroit Michigan about 1898 where he married twice, lived and worked until he died in the 1930's. Martin had one child by his 1st wife Mary Nicholson and three with his 2nd wife Loretta McHugh.

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 5:44PM GMT
Thank you for your reply ,, I think we are different Haleys...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic