Search for content in message boards

Reorganizing Photos Online & Renaming Photos

Reorganizing Photos Online & Renaming Photos

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 11:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jan 2013 1:59AM GMT
This is two questions:
1. How can I reorganize my photos under a person. It seems it's just the roll of the dice as to how they show up. I want them of course chronologically by age but I cannot move them! I can only indicate which one is the primary photo to show up on the tree. FTM lets me move them around as I wish.

2. When I upload photos and put a description to it, it renames the file (the photo). This causes problems when photos up uploaded by being synced with FTM. Cause if I change the description, it renames the photo, then on the next sync, it thinks it is a new photo and sends it back to my FTM as a new one! So I end up with duplicates with different names! Sooo.. is there a way to keep it from renaming the photos just because a change a description??

Re: Reorganizing Photos Online & Renaming Photos

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 12:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
1 - photos are arranged in reverse order of the date/time loaded. Newest upload is first/far left in your ancestry online tree. If you upload multiple photos to an individual in a batch, then it is random as to which one hits first - possibly a factor of file size.

2 - not sure I understand what you mean in point 2. I have not seen that happen.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions