Search for content in message boards

Donnock DENNIS

Donnock DENNIS

Don Myers (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2003 4:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dennis, Littleton, Upshur
I have an extensive lineage of my g-grandmother, Rosina Upshur Dennis, back to Donnock Dennis, Including siblings. If anyone is any relation to Donnock Dennis, Upshur, Littleton, etc., I would love to share what I have and verify my information with yours.

Don

Re: Donnock DENNIS

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 11:07PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2003 3:58AM GMT
Surnames: Dennis,
I was doing some Dennis research today and found a Dennis website with alot of information on Donnock. www.netset.com~jdennis/wwwboard/dennis-family-messages is the website. If that fails, just search for denis family website and you shold find it.

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 11:09PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2003 11:19AM GMT
Surnames: Dennis,
I have several books in my personal library about Donnock by Lynn Perry, Judge J Upshur Dennis and John V Dennis.
Maybe I can be of help to you. I am also the Co-Administrator of the Dennis Surname DNA Genealogy Project.

Don Myers (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2003 5:11AM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2003 7:43AM GMT
Surnames: Deniis, Nehulian,
Thank you!
The only information I have on Donnock DENNIS is that he was born abt. 1645 in Virginia, and he married Elice NEHULIAN July 31, 1662 in Hungars Parish, Northampton, Virginia.

I have no information on Elice except her name: Where was she born, died, parents, etc.

The only information I have on thier children is John, and only his birth (12 Feb 1676, Maryland)

The little I have on Donnock is speculative at best. According to the information I have on him, he apperently was of some importance in Virginia, establishing a code of laws, serving in the House of Burgesses, and "in many positions of trust for the colonies." (What that means is unknown to me.)

If you have any information in addition to this, or a correction, please send it on to me; and if you could include your sources and possibly recomend some for additional research, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again for your help

Don

Dawn Thyer (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2003 7:17PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2003 7:45AM GMT
Surnames: Dennis, Brown, Rice,
I just found out this past weekend that I am a posible descendant from the Donnock Dennis line. However, the information that I was given seems to vary slightly from what I have found on the internet. Is there anyone out there that can verify the info that I was given? It is as follows:

Donnock Dennis (1646-1716)
John Dennis (1676-1741)
John Dennis II (1704-1766)
Colonel John Dennis (1730-1782)
John Dennis (1753-1780)
Levi Dennis (1782-1805)
James Miles Dennis (1807-1886)
Mary Williams Dennis (1839-1923)
Mary Tennesee Brown
Herbert Lester Rice

This is just a small portion of the information that I was given, so if anyone would like everything that I have they can email me at dawnthyer@hotmail.com. If anyone out there can help me out, that would be great!

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: Dennis, Nehulian, Taylor, Matthews
Hi, Don,

I've just started working on this line, and have found a bit more on Donnock Dennis.

His marriage to Ellis/Elise Nehulian was on 31st July 1661, and not 1662. The information comes from the Hungar's Parish Records from 25 March 1661-25 March 1662. What's interesting is that the marriage took place a little over a month after Elise Nehulian gave birth to a son called William Matthews. William was born on 9th June 1661, and his father was Morice Matthews, according to the Parish records. Of course, this could have been another Elise Nehulian, but it's unlikely.

Evidently, Donnock left a will in Somerset County, Maryland in 1716/7, but I've not been able to find it, yet.

Besides the son John you mentioned, Donnock and Ellis/Elise had the following children:
Elizabeth, b. 16 November 1665 in Northampton Co, VA
Margaret, b. 8 February 1667 in Somerset Co, MD
Donnock, b. 16 February 1668 in Somerset Co, MD
Ellis, b. 29 July 1673 in Somerset Co, MD

These births are from Maryland Archives CR 50,078. I understand that Donnock and Ellis also had daughters called Elinor & Katherine.

The line I'm following is through daughter Margaret, who married Hope Taylor in 1683 in Somerset County.

Posted: 21 May 2010 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: Dennis Busby
Hey, Juli! I too found out last year I am descended from Donnock Dennis. I would like to connect with you and share info. My e-mail is michael_busby@yahoo.com.

Posted: 5 Sep 2013 8:57PM GMT
I am from this line. I come through all three Valentine Dennis'. All of the children have names including Upshur, Littleton, King...but not sure how this all fits. Not clear on the Littleton connection with Donnock and how it fits with my line. Any help you could give me would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Cynthia Norwood
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions