Search for content in message boards

Which are Richard W. King's true parents?

Which are Richard W. King's true parents?

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 11:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: King
I have went back to one of my direct ancestors: Richard W. King Sr. But now I'm stuck. I've found two different set of parents, and I don't know which one is actually the real set. I was hoping someone might know positively which one it is?

Here is Richard's info:
b: January 7, 1762 in Culpepper County, Virginia
d: February 6, 1827 in Harrison County, Kentucky

His wife is Sarah Sallie Canady/Kennedy:
b: 1765 in Culpepper County, Virginia
d: January 10, 1850 in Harrison County, Kentucky

And here is the two sets:

The first one I found on many family trees, and it's what I've had on my own:

Joshua S. King:
b: April 8, 1740 in Albemarle Parrish, Virginia
d: June 6, 1802 in Kentucky

His wife Hannah Turner:
b: October 3, 1742 in Overwharton Parrish, Virginia
d: Virginia

The other set of parents I found on my second cousin's family tree, and other trees as well:

Joshua S King:
b: 1735 in Virginia
d: Unknown

His wife Martha Fristoe:
b: 1725 in Wales
d: Unknown

I've found each set in multiple family trees, and it's a huge mystery that I want to unravel. If you guys know, please post below. It would mean a lot. Thank you in advance!

-Janessa King

Re: Which are Richard W. King's true parents?

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: king
richard is the son of joshua s king sr...b. 1735 virginia, d 1802, harrison co ky...........joshua's ist wife was hannah turner....his 2nd was rachael kannaday/kennedy/......m. 1780/?/ fauquier co va....that is the way it reads,now......

......... before , joshua's parents were misassigned to another king family.............way back when there was a michael king in nansemond va 1635....his family genealogy was/is extensive....joshua s king sr/ and descendents/ was attatched to this tree.....new research and dna have disproven this/ or have it under scrutiny...even joshua's D>A>R> status is in question/

so the joshua king sr. family has now been assigned to the 4 john kings family starting in northamprton mass. which is what you show on your tree...........i and other of your 'cousins' believe the new info, but it has not been set in stone yet..........on my public tree, i'll post your richard king's will......and try to post his father joshua king sr's/ in it he names his wife as rachael/......kevin king

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 11:21PM GMT
So the John Kings are the right ancestors? And thank you for helping me with this. Unfortunately, I don't have a paid membership, so I can't see your tree, but offering to show me Richard's will is a nice gesture. Thank you.

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 1:15AM GMT
hi, as i said the john king's having been the ancestors of the joshua kings has not become accepted knowledge..still debated.......but, for the old days,the information that, joshua king,descending from michael king of 1635 va, is NOT correct.....it's only now that we have ydna to prove it.......

i'll write 2 other kings of your, the joshua king sr branch, your cousins..........and see if they want to correspond..........it's always best to share....

i'll see if i can allow you access to my tree, here on ancestry......./then you may see both richard and his father's will/....non members can,but i have to figure out how.............. kevin

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 2:02AM GMT
It sucks that this part of the King family hasn't been successfully identified. I do know that you can invite anyone to see your family tree. You have to click on family trees. Then after the page comes up with all the trees you have, on the right side it says invite. And then you can enter an email or a username and they can see it for free.

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 7:15AM GMT
no don't worry, your king line is solid back to the birth of joshua king sr in 1735 virginia..........and everyone down from there is documented........and the search for documentation goes on.....

my line, the other kings traces back only to circa 1780, when we can document the 3or4 sons,daniel m,william/?/,joseph morgan and henry king..we cannot find their father......

.......my line ,through my various gggggrandmothers, goes back to 1628mass, and 1640,maryland and 1635 new amsterdam/new york............but usually it's the paternal line that is stressed....even though both men and women mix their 'bloodlines' when they have children........

if you give me your email on a private message to kevinking_1 i'll add you to my guest list..............kevin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions