Search for content in message boards

Whitaker- Jackson and Clay Co. TN

Whitaker- Jackson and Clay Co. TN

Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2005 1:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Whitaker, Flatt
Looking for any information on William Whitaker who married Elizabeth Flatt, and his cousin Jesse Whitaker. William is said to have died in 1877. Jesse stated in court record he was a cousin to William.

Re: Whitaker- Jackson and Clay Co. TN

eddie branch (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2005 4:52PM GMT
In my notes on Branch's of Jackson Co Tn., 1870 Jackson Co census (I think I got from book in Putnam Co Tn library). Samuel Branch living in household with John Whitaker age 26 white male farmer born TN
also in same HH is William Whitaker age 74 white male born SC

Posted: 18 Jun 2005 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Whitaker
I belong to the Whitaker line from Tishoming Co. Ms. and McNairy Co., TN. My mother was born in Clay County, TN. Do you have a Kenny or Kenneth Whitaker in your line?

Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2005 4:10PM GMT
Surnames: Whitaker, Flatt, McCoin
I do not have a Kenneth in my files. You must be descended from William Whitaker (1827) and Mary "Polly" Flatt (1827) of Tishomingo Co. Mississippi. This is the David Flatt line. I show William and Polly had three children, James, Sarah and William.

I descend from William Whitaker (1837) and Elizabeth "Betty" Flatt (1838) of Jackson <Clay Co.> Tennessee. This is the Benjamin Flatt line. William and Betty had eight children, David, James, William, Sarah, Amos, Adelia, Loranza and Lena.

It is interesting that your mother was born in Clay Co. I would be interested in the information you have on the Flatt and Whitaker lines.

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: Whitaker Flatt
William Whitaker and Elizabeth Flatt's son William Franklin Whitaker is my ancestor. Do you have information connecting William Whitaker back to his ancestors?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions