Search for content in message boards

Cynthia Ann Parker and Bonnie Parker descendents

Cynthia Ann Parker and Bonnie Parker descendents

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker
I am researching my Wife's family on the Parker line in Sherman, Texas. My wife's grandmother claimed that they were relatives of Bonnie Parker, and Cynthia Ann Parker. The line I have thus far is Lois Parker(1913-2000)Her father was Roy Parker, born about 1888. Here I am stuck. I tried running trees for Cynthia and Bonnie backwards to see if I could fill in the gaps, with no success. My wife is blond-haired and blue-eyed, and fair-skinned, but she has the classic Comanche nose, and high cheekbones. Any direction on this will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cynthia Ann Parker and Bonnie Parker descendents

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 1:01AM GMT
1920 census for Grayson county, Texas - I found Roy 32, wife Maggy 26, daughter Lois 7, son Veron 6. Roy was born in Texas of Tennessee parents. Maggy was born in Texas of Kentucky parents. Living next door was a Hutchinson age 64 from Kentucky with a daughter born in Texas of parents from Kentucky. Maybe Maggy's father?

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 4:51PM GMT
I have an early Parker family in this county (Grayson Co. TX). Although there are more than one Parker family in the county, it might be worth exploring. The most recent generation I have for my Parkers had nine boys born between 1838 and 1865. It is possible that one of them is the father of Roy. I am descended from one of the girls in this family and have lost track of the boys after their father's death in 1881. If you would like more information on this family, contact me at b.marsi at verizon.net.

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 4:57PM GMT
1900 census, possibly: Roy L Parker
Home in 1900: Justice Precinct 8, Fannin, Texas
Birth Date: Dec 1887
Birthplace: Texas
Race: White
Relationship to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: Sam H
Father's Birthplace: Tennessee
Mother's Name: Dorah
Mother's Birthplace: Tennessee
Marital Status: Single
Residence : Dodd Town, Fannin, Texas

Sam H Parker 48
Dorah Parker 38
Elma I Parker 14
Roy L Parker 12
Ora O Parker 8
Flora H Parker 8
Vada V Parker 5
Mabel L Parker 3
Sidney M Parker 1

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 8:29PM GMT
I am related to Bonnie Parker.... My father told me the Bonnie use to come to his house and visit his Father and his Grandmother.... My Fathers Grandmother was Sarah Artha Ann Parker and my father lived 3 doors from Clyde Barrow. My father said that is really how Bonnie and Clyde met and not in a resturant... I have a picture of Bonnie somewhere in my collection. I do thing Cynthia Ann Parker is some where and how related to me but I haven't proved it yet but I think it will come up soon.

Garland Walker

Posted: 6 Dec 2013 8:19AM GMT
My family so I was told and ill double check my great great grandpa married sarah artha ann parker by a man my 3xgreat grandpa john franklin walker but whom was sarah related to bonnie ?

Posted: 8 Dec 2013 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Parker
Misty,
I read your post and you stated that John Franklin Walker was your 3rd Great Grandfather. I really would like to talk to you my e-mal s rangerwalker99_99@yahoo.com And my phone number is (512) 262- 0405 because we are related

Posted: 12 Dec 2013 1:45AM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2013 10:23PM GMT
My grandmother's maiden name was Lesta Walker from Liberty county, Tx. She told me that bonnie Parker and Quanah Parker were somehow related to her side of the family. I do not know the exact connection, but noted that your last name is Walker also. My uncle Milton Partain has done some family research and I will ask him if he has any knowledge of the Walker-Parker connection. My granny was raised in the community of Tarkington Prairie in Liberty Cnty, until she married my grandfather Leonard Partain at the age of 16 and moved to Splendora Tx east Montgomery cnty Tx and also in Houston the rest of her life.
Great great grandfather was Robert Walker and gr gr grandma was Margarice Pulman Walker, Great grandparents were Monroe and Annie Jones Walker. Monroe had 3 brothers Joe, Jim, and Sonny and 2 daughters Missouri and Cassie who apparently married brothers(Purswell).

Re: Bonnie and Clyde's Walker ancestors

Posted: 13 Dec 2013 10:31PM GMT
Hello, Bwheel:

Bonnie Parker was a daughter of Charlie (?) Parker, estranged son of the Rusk County Texas clan of Parkers. Today, those Parkers are matched into Parker YDNA Project Family Group # 7.

Cynthia Ann Parker, mother of Quanah, was a paternal granddaughter of Elder John Parker. Today Elder John's clan is matched into Parker YDNA Project Family Group # 5. Bonnie and Quanah come from completely different and unrelated Project Family Groups. Although they were both notorious, they were not kin.

However, Bonnie's maternal grandmother was Mary Jane Walker. Mary Jane Walker was a sister of Wiley(sic) Walker whose grandson later was Clyde Champion Barrow, Bonnie's partner in crime. Bonnie and Clyde were second cousins.

Patricia Ross Parker, FG #7 researcher

Re: Cynthia Ann Parker and Bonnie Parker descendants

Posted: 13 Dec 2013 11:06PM GMT
Hello, Barnett19809 -

Bonnie Parker hies from a Parker clan of YDNA Project Family Group # 7. Cynthia Ann Parker comes from a YDNA Project Family Group # 5. The Family Groups are completely different, unrelated. The women themselves were not related at all.

But it is feasible that separate representatives of both Family Groups could have married into your wife's ancestral line. Good luck in piecing all of that together.

However, about your wife's salient features, Bonnie Parker was not known to have any issue. In Bonnie's particular case, any of the physical traits you describe had to come from the huge Parker clan in Rusk County, TX, from the large extended Krause family, or from Bonnie's siblings Buster or Billie. Mixed blood descents with Natives (Cherokee, Comanche, others) are not noted in those family histories.

Cynthia Ann bore three children for Peta Nocona, but Quanah was the only one to survive beyond childhood. Quanah fathered some twenty-five children by seven wives, and their descendants have intermarried widely with Europeans of all blood quanta.

Good luck

Patricia Ross Parker, Family Group #7 researcher
per page

Find a board about a specific topic