other children
- Mary Way-1740
- William Way - 1759
- John Way (above) -1760
- Elizabeth Way - 1764
- Mary Way - 1766
- Thomas Way - !770
- Jane Way - !769

This looks pretty close to being my ancestor if he emigrated to Canada,( as a soldier to fight the French at Louisbourg, Nova Scotia) wondering if anybody has this family in their sights.

Re: John & Elizabeth Way, London

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 5:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Was this the couple baptising at All Hallows the Great? I have just had a look and there is a burial of a John Way at this church in October 1760. It does not specify in the records if this is an adult or child burial. As so many infants died young at this time, there is a chance this is the baby that was baptised in Aug 1760.

Re: John & Elizabeth Way, London

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 12:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes that is them.At All Hallows The Great, London.
All I have here in Canada (Cape Breton, Nova Scotia)is his gravestone which says he was born 1760 in England. Family lore says he was a British soldier at Louisbourg who received a land grant.(due to the age it must have been his father).Also an Elizabeth Oxford is mentioned as possible wife and John was living with an Edward Oxford who must have been a relative.Lore also says he left Durham.
Anyway maybe that is not the one I was looking for?
Another John Way was christened in 1761 at St. Bartholomew The Great, London, son of John & Elizabeth
- John Way christened 1760 West Itchenor, Sussex son of john & Sarah
-John Way christened 1761 Saint Nicholas, Rochester, Kent, son of John & Jane
- John Way christened 1761 Hartland, Devon son of John & Jane
There are a few others,but all just possibilities, My John Way would have been here in Cape Breton around or before 1800.
Anyone missing a John Way who might have emigrated?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions