Search for content in message boards

Rowan Co.(Miller) search

Rowan Co.(Miller) search

Posted: 21 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER, BRAUN, ZINK
WENDEL MILLER b.abt.1729 raised his children in Rowan County. His son Frederick b.1756 m Margaret Braun da of Michal Braun. I believe his son James b 1791 is my line. He m Sarah Zink. He had a son Thomas b1831 which is the fa of my grandfather Silas Johnson Miller. If anyone has proof or other information for me. I would greatly appreciate it.

RE: Rowan Co. (Miller) search

Lee Canipe (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER
The information I have is:

1) Wendel MILLER (b abt 1730 Mannheim Ger d 1804 Rowan Co., NC)

+ unknown 1st wife

2) Frederick MILLER (b 11 Nov 1756 Rowan Co. NC d 01 Jan 1840 KY)

+ Margaret BROWN (daughter of Johann Michael BRAUN & Margareta)

3) John MILLER (b 1780)

3) Margaret MILLER (b 1781)

3) Michael MILLER (b 1783)

3) Ann MILLER (b 1784)

3) Wendell (b 1785)

I did not see a James, nor a ZINK, but my records could simply be missing that information. I do have a question for you... According to my family records, the 1st wife of Wendel MILLER was a full-blooded Cherokee woman, the daughter of BLACK HAWK. It is my understanding that some researchers believe this to be true, while other's do not. One researcher has given me the name of Nancy STUCKY as Wendel's first wife (though I have never seen any documentation). To complicate matters, STUCKY is a German name... but also a name found among "mixed blood" Indians in VA, WV, and TN. So... I'd like to hear your insights on the mother of Frederick MILLER-- it's interesting to hear the different theories.
Posted: 28 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2003 11:13AM GMT
Surnames: Zink
Hi,

My husband has an Abraham Zink. Born 1788 possibly in Rowan Co. He is listed as bein born in NC. Any possible connections? We don't know parents, etc.

MILLER

Posted: 27 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Zink, MILLER
Thanks for the response to my query. Rowan Co.was where a lot of my family history started. How do I contact the person you mentioned?

wendle miller

pat beck (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
per your query of miller in rowan county,the Wendle Miller book list Frederick Miller/Margaret Braun, son James Miller
b 1791 r/c d 1842 KY m/23 June 1812 Sarah Zink, children
Gabriel, james herman, daughter?, frederick, Daniel Levi, Mary Elizabeth, sarah catherine, thomas, Jacob Isiah, MargaretAnn. Thomas 1831-1898 married 1856 narcessus Genes 1831-1898 lists son Silas. note at bottom of article: Larry Hill of Miami, Fl stems from this family. Hope this helps.

larry hill

pat beck (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: miller
I'don't know. will have to make some telephone calls. will get back to you.

w.miller

pat beck (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
letters to larry hill returned. my contact has not heard from him for some time. I asked if she knew of any contact for this family. No, all the family went west. A book you might check for additional info on wendle miller.
THE SCHLENKER FAMILY IN LOTHRINGEN, IN PRUSSIA AND IN AMERICA Volume II, by Dr. John L. Schlenker. It covers a number of families in Rowan County. sorry.

MILLER

Posted: 3 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER, Zink
Thanks Pat for the information. If you find any more info on my Rowan County relatives please let me know.

Wendel Miller's children

John Wayland (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER
Greetings. This is my first post to this group.

My wife, Shirley Miller, is a descendant of Wendel Miller. There is a book out, "Wendel Miller and His Descendants, 1730-1986", pub. 1985. It was compiled by Geraldine Trexler Miller, with the help of many persons. I have a copy of the book (borrowed from her sister), but I understand that it is no longer available. I can send a gedcom to anyone interested that has some of his descendants on it (but not all of them...the book is huge).

The book gives children of Wendel's first wife (unknown) as: Frederick, Catherine, John Phillip, Jacob, Phillipina, John J., Anna Maria. Children of second wife, Christina (Fisher) were Sara, Peter, Rachell, Christina, George, Henry and David. Christina was a widow of a Fisher and her maiden name is unknown, and she brought one child, Elizabeth Fisher to the marriage with Wendel.

We currently live in Wilkes County, NC, where some of the Miller descendants moved many years ago. We would be happy to get together with other Wendel Miller descendants.

John & Shirley Wayland
Posted: 30 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2002 10:13AM GMT
Surnames: Sink
per page

Find a board about a specific topic