Search for content in message boards

Lynch

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lynch
My Uncle James Lynch was stationed in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan, now known as India abt 1935 onwards to 1940 when he was stationed in Hong Kong and sadly died.
About 7 years ago James' brother Albert Lynch received a letter from a Jo Lynch (could be Joseph/John/) saying he was James Lynch son and believed Albert was his uncle.
Jo was born he said in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan.
Sadly Jo did not put a forwarding address or telephone number so my uncle Albert could not contact him, the only clue he had was that the card was posted in London. Albert has been trying ever since to try and find Jo, any information would be very welcome
Posted: 12 Nov 2012 4:17PM GMT
There is this birth,although it may not be yours.

Name: LYNCH, John J

Mother's name: Not available before 1966

Station : Jubbulpore

Year: 1935

Page: 234

Record source: GRO Army Birth Indices (1881 to 1965
Posted: 13 Nov 2012 1:32PM GMT
Thank you so much for replying and for the information.
I imagine the only way to know definitely is to order the birth Certificate which I will do.
Have you any ideas on how I could possible find him? I do not know where to start apart from posting that message.
Posted: 13 Nov 2012 4:03PM GMT
Hi Pamela
Sorry I am a bit of a dinosaur at this. Could you please tell me how you found this record as I have been in Gro site and cannot work out how to use the site to find the Birth overseas.
Thanks for your help and time
Cathy
Posted: 13 Nov 2012 5:32PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2012 5:35PM GMT
I used Find My Past which I have membership to,you can buy pay per view credits.
You could try a local newspaper,some have In Touch or similar features.Although with the name and the card being from London that would be a very long shot!Have you tried Genes Reunited?
Posted: 18 Nov 2012 1:56PM GMT
Hi Pamela
Thanks again for your reply, I have ordered the Birth Certificate today, so I will see if it is him. If so I will then try Genes Reunited.
Thanks for letting me know where you found the information as at least I now know it wasn't me being really dumb.
Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions