Search for content in message boards

JONES/DOME/DOAN

JONES/DOME/DOAN

Julie Payne (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JONES, DOME, DOAN
I am looking for info about Evan JONES and Matilda DOME(DOAN). Their daughter Martha was born in Harrision co KY on 5/23/1828. Evan was born in KY on 1/14/1795 and Matilda was born 11/23/1791 in NC. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you

Doan

Jim Swinford (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Swinford, Doan
Maybe Matilda is daughter of Hezekiah Doan, my ancestor. He lived in what's now Iredell Co, then Rowan Co, NC 1760-1790. Two daughters married two Swinfords. They AND Hezekiah moved to Harrison Co KY(then Bourbon Co)about 1791-1792. The Doan genealogy is documented in great detail in two published volumes. First one came on Mayflower. Variations of the name are Doane and Done. Your e-mail address indicates you are in central IN; I live on e. side of Indpls. Let me know if I can help further. Home phone 895-8606, office phone 278-3588.

Hezekiah DOAN: Estate Records?

John McCracken (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: DOAN, VANDIVER
Have you found recorded or loose, original estate papers for
Hezekiah DOAN, who died about 1810 in Harrison Co., Kentucky? I hope that they might show if he was survived by his daughter Sarah, or name her children by her husband, Matthew VANDIVER, of Rowan Co. and Iredell Co., North Carolina. Iredell Co. deeds and powers of attorney suggest that Hezekiah left Rowan Co. about 1787 or 1788, and was in Kentucky in 1789; I do not know when he settled in the area that became part of Harrison Co. Please advise me of the published works you mentioned in our reply to Julie Payne.

Hezekiah Doan

Posted: 29 Sep 2001 2:54AM GMT
Sorry, I just noticed your posting from some time ago. I believe the two-volume Doane family history is pretty common in genealogy depts of large public libraries. I have seen the same deeds, etc from Iredell Co and agree that Hez was the first of these intermarried families to move to Harrison Co. As you've probably seen, Matthew Vandiver appears on several land transfers, wedding witness, etc to Swinfords in Iredell Co. I think he moved to KY also. My g-g-g-g-grandfather Elisha S. and his older brother Joshua married two Hez daughters, Thankful and Mary. A later Hezekiah Doan is in the 1830 Census in mid-Missouri.

Re: Hezekiah Doan

Posted: 17 Jul 2002 4:45AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2002 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: SWINFORD, DOANE, LOVELACE,STEPHENS, RIDDLE
My g-g-g-g grandfather was Elisha Swinford who married Thankful Doane. Their daughter Mary "Polly" Swinford m. Hazel Lovelace and their daughter Savannah Lovelace married Alexander Stephens and their daughter Isabelle Stephens married Marion Riddle and their son Albert "Lee" Riddle is the father of my grandmother Hazel Marie Etta Riddle/Darnell/Gotts. The Swinfords, Lovelaces, Stephens and Riddles all ended up in Pendleton County, Kentucky. You and I are related through Elisha and Thankful.

Elisha & Thankful

Posted: 19 Jul 2002 2:06AM GMT
Yup, same generation, too. Going on memory, I believe the Lovelaces were in Iredell Co., NC w/ the Swinfords and Lovelaces before moving over to KY. Let me know if you'd like the documentation on that.

Re: Elisha & Thankful

Posted: 19 Jul 2002 3:05PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2002 2:34AM GMT
Jim,
Yes, I would love the documentation on the Lovelaces being with the Swinfords in NC.
We must be cousins xxxxxtimes.
Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions