Search for content in message boards

Book Wanted: "They Called it Exeter."

Book Wanted: "They Called it Exeter."

Posted: 29 May 2002 5:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Oct 2005 8:27PM GMT
I am interested in purchasing a copy of the book "They Called it Exeter," which is a history of Exeter, Fillmore county, Nebraska, published in 1979 by Exter's Centenial Book Committee.

Re: Book Wanted: "They Called it Exeter."

Posted: 10 Aug 2007 7:34PM GMT
I have a book "They Called it Exeter". Are you still interested.

Posted: 10 Aug 2007 9:35PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I won't need the book as I was able to
acquire a copy soon after I posted my request in 2002.

Larry Martin

Posted: 24 Sep 2007 6:19PM GMT
Exeter just printed this book with updates. It is Called Voices From Exeter 125. It can be purchased from the Exeter Public Library. I have the book at the Fairmont Public Library and would look up information if a request was made to the Library www.ci.fairmont.ne.us/library.htm.

Wanda

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 7:51PM GMT
Just obtained a pristine copy at local Los Angeles, California, USA estate sale. Looks unread. Quarto 287pp.,
light green pictorial covers hardback, no marks or previous ownerships. Contact me to discuss.

Thanks.

Posted: 10 May 2012 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan Sweeley Redfern Hammond Drummond
A large portion of my family pioneered to Exeter,Fillmore,Nebraska. Many of them are buried in the Exeter cemetery. Names are Sweeley, Redfern, Ryan.Fellow pioneer friends were Hammond family and Drummond family. They are all some how one way or another related. When you don't have cars and they all had large families with connecting farms I guess you don't have to go far to find a wife or husband.

Posted: 10 May 2012 10:30PM GMT
All these names are mentioned and detailed in this book. Also have supplemental entitled "Voices from Exeter 125" which continues history and family histories from 1979-2004.
Both books are available for purchase. Both volumes in pristine, virtually unread condition.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 6:50PM GMT
I noted that you had this book, plus a supplement. Do you still have them and what is the purchase price?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic