Search for content in message boards

George Barber Clute

George Barber Clute

Posted: 5 Jul 2001 12:48PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Just starting... George was my grandfather. Born 2/3/1906, died 6/3/1963. Father was Fred Clute, mother was Lillian Lake, wife was Helen Ryan. Lived in Wells, N.Y. Fred was from Gloversville (we believe). George's sons were Marvin R and Donald, and daughter was Dorothy. Anyone have anything that might help me get started from here?
Attachments:

Re: George Barber Clute

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2005 6:29PM GMT
Since the name was George Barber.... Frederick seems to be the son of Barber Clute and Amelia. They had George born 19 Oct 1875 and Frederick 6 January 1879. They lived in Fulton, Johnstown. They were in both 1880 and 1900 census. In the 1880 a niece Alice White 18 was also with them.
Barber is the son of John S. Clute and Aretta. Barber was born 7 August 1853. If you would like more information on the line, please email me.
The name Barber is unique in the Clute family to this one man, so I truly think this is the right family.

Lucinda or Alwilda Clute, Wells or Hope, NY

Posted: 16 Sep 2002 11:02PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2004 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: Shires, Wait(e), Flansburg, Cassidy, Doring. Aussicker
Have you run into either Lucinda Clute or her daughter (I think) Alwilda Clute? Alwilda married John Davison (b. 1857) and they seem to have lived in either Hope or Wells, Hamilton Co. I am guessing that Lucinda is Alwilda's mother only based on a note on a genealogy sheet that was given by relatives. I have found a in 1860 Census for town of Hope, Hamilton Co, Lucinda Flansburg, age 22 living with family and also living there is Charles H. Clute age 3 and John A. Clute age 1. As Alwilda was born in 1861, I am hoping to find some documentation to prove or disprove the theory that Lucinda Flansburg is the mother of Alwilda. I know it is a long shot, but.... Any help is appreciated.

Dave

Re: Lucinda or Alwilda Clute, Wells or Hope, NY

Mark Clute (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2002 1:25AM GMT
Dave,
I don't have any 'direct' answers for you. Here is what I do know about the Flansburg's... In 1850 John W Flansburg is listed as a laborer in the Town of Wells. He had apparently brought his family from Schoharie County NY in 1820 with sons Peter & Henry. A John Flasburg(h) and a Sylvester Flansburg(h) both are noted as Civil War veterans. A D.R. Flansburg was a teacher in the Morehouse area schools circa 1896. Hope there is some help in this info. I can find no immediate reference to Alwilda, though I know very little about the paternal side of the Clute family before 1890-1900. I can tell you a great many of the Clutes were - and still are- living in the Gloversville area. Good hunting, and perhaps you'll pass along your findings if any surface.

Mark

Posted: 19 Jan 2009 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Clute
Alwilda Clute was my great grandmother. My father is Edwin Davison (parents Lester Davison & Mary Wadsworth Davison). My grandfather, Lester, died when my dad was 1-2 years old and Alwilda adopted him. We have been trying to find out who Alwilda's father was. Lucinda Flansburgh-Rhodes-Velieux was her mother. Unable to find any information on "Clute". The Census also show a Charles and John Clute in the family; brothers I believe.

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 8:24PM GMT
Lucinda Flansburg is a sister to my GG grandfather Peter Flansburgh B. 1806 he is the son of William F. Flansburgh who was in the Revolutionary War. He had a government pension from the war. I haven't found proof positive of that link like a birth certificate, but I am sure he is Lucinda's grandfather. It is difficult to find information because there are cousins and uncles with the same names who also fought in the Revolution. William F . Has about 70 pages in the National Archives with testimony that it took for him to get a pension, but no proof of land ownership in Wells, NY that I found. Some Clutes moved to Ft. Ripley, MN because my G grandparents are buried in Clutes (Oak Hill) Cemetery.

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: Clute
My great great grandmother was Lucinda- I will try to help you- Alwilda is her daughter

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 11:19PM GMT
Peter was her father not her brother- she is my great great grandmother

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 6:58AM GMT
Surnames: Flansburgh or Flansburg
Her brother Peter D. Flansburg was born in1847 who married a Northrup was my ggrandfather. He moved to MN and died here. Peter Flansburg who was born about 1806 was my gggrandfather . His father was William F. Flansburgh. I have tried to find their graves in surrounding cemetery listings, but I haven't had luck. I did find a picture of Sylvester's wife Mary's grave in Whitehouse. However the place with the picture said it is inside a park and the graves were not kept up outside of Wells, NY.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic