Search for content in message boards

Any Edney connections to Benfield family, NC 1830's?

Any Edney connections to Benfield family, NC 1830's?

Posted: 7 Jun 2004 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know of a female Edney, possibly Martha or Rutha, who was married to a Daniel Benfield (b. abt 1805)?

My Daniel Benfield shows up in Mecklenburg County in 1850 with wife Martha (b. abt 1810) and children:
Sydney Benfield (b.abt 1832)
Bailus/Balus Edney Benfield (b. abt 1839)
Elvira Amanda Benfield (b. abt 1841)
John R. Benfield (b. abt 1844)
Daniel Ferguson Benfield (b. 9 Oct 1846)
Sarah Benfield (b. abt 1849)

Now Baylus Edney cannot be that common a name, and this is before the Baylus Edney from Henderson became well-known in the Civil War. I can't help but think that there may be a connection to the Edney family, but so far haven't found one.

It is possible that Daniel may have been a middle name, and that Martha may have been Rutha, based on 1860 information. It is possible that Martha was a second wife, as well, so I am really looking for any Edney female who was married to a Benfield. They may not have lived in Mecklenburg before 1850--can't find him in the census.

If anyone has *any* information, I would be very grateful. This has been a longstanding brick wall. You can tell I am grasping at straws!

Thanks,
Karen Dutton

Re: Any Edney connections to Benfield family, NC 1830's?

John F. Crossen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2004 2:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Karen:

Contact me at clav2cavo@yahoo.com. I'd like to chat with you re: the Benfield family, esp. John R. Benfield.

Best, John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic