Search for content in message boards

Garety / Garrity family - Caledon Ontario

Garety / Garrity family - Caledon Ontario

Posted: 24 Apr 2005 8:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garety / Garrity / McDaniel / McCabe
Looking to share information with anyone connected to the family of Patrick Garety / Garrity and Margaret McDaniel. believe they were married at St Paul's Catholic Church in Toronto 15-Feb-1844

Their son Owen (born 1851) married Sarah Jane McCabe (born 1864) in April 1888 in Arthur, Ont.

any assitance or guidance appreciated

Re: Garety / Garrity family - Caledon Ontario

Elizabeth (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2005 2:22AM GMT
I'm looking for a Catherine Garrity (spelling may be different) who married Richard Sleep sometime before 1860. Coming from Cornwall they settled for a short time in Bowmanville, Ontario (on 1861 census). They later moved to East Zorra, Oxford county and are on the 1881 census with their children Richard and Mary Jane. Mary Jane married George Stambi in 1884 just before Catherine died. Catherine was originally from Ireland (we have a copy of Pilgrims Progress given to her by her friend).

Would you have any information regarding Catherine?

Thanks,
Still Looking

Posted: 3 Jun 2005 2:29AM GMT
Sorry - the names and places you mentioned don't relate to the Garrity family from Caledon - good luck!

paul taylor (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2005 1:29AM GMT
hi Art, i'm frank kelly's grandson. thanks for posting this info. you made my mother happy.

thank you,
Paul Taylor

Posted: 14 Mar 2011 4:55PM GMT
I'm tracing my garity lineage and have come to find my great great great grandfather, Owen Oliver Garity (Garrity) emigrated to the Peel,Calendo area. He married Catherine in 1833 and probably left Canada circa 1856 moving to Wisconsin. Is it possible he and Patrick were brother's?

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 6:12PM GMT
Yes they are brothers.

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 9:54PM GMT
Hi,

I have found a Peel County Ontario marriage record for Patrick Morris and Bridget McEnnery (sp?) dated Nov 26, 1848 listing an Owen Garity as one of the witnesses. The bride and groom were both listed as being from Caledon Township. The record is from "Gore Mission".

Is this Owen Garity likely to be the one listed in any of the above posts?

Does anyone know of a possible connection between the Garity/Garrity family and the bride or groom?

Thank you.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 4:07AM GMT
My husband is descended from Margaret Garrity & John Wallace
she is the daughter of Patrick Garrity & Margaret McDaniel. I would appreciate it if you would reply.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 7:25PM GMT
I would bet that it is! They seemed to have been very close. I believe they owned land in Peel that bordered each other. Is there a birthplace given for Patrick on his marriage license?

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 8:21PM GMT
Hi,

Patrick was my great great great Uncle. His brother Owen was my great great great grandfather. I have some information on them but I'm struggling to trace them prior to their immigration to Canada from Ireland. Would you happen to know from where in Ireland they came, what their parent's names were, etc?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic