Search for content in message boards

CHARLES AMADOR LATOUR

CHARLES AMADOR LATOUR

Posted: 29 Aug 2000 3:09PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2002 2:05AM GMT
i'm looking for info on charles amador latour of quebec(son of claude latour and marie de salazar).is the royal lineage listed on soo many web pages correct?

Re: CHARLES AMADOR LATOUR

William E. Yandle (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 4:01AM GMT
Surnames: LATOUR

My lineage goes back through Charles Amador LATOUR de St. Etienne.
He was born ca 1593
Married 24 Feb 1653 in Port Royal, Acadie
died in 1666 in Cap de Sable, Acadie

His wife was Jeanne-Marie Motin de Reux wt de Corcelles

2. Claude TURGIS de St. Etienne de la Tour, m. ca 1590
3. Marie de SALAZAR

4. Guyon TURGIS de St. Etienne de la Tour
5. Marie CONDOT
6. Hector de SALAZAR married vers 1555
7. Antoinette de Courcelles

Charles' wife, Jeanne Motin is descended from royalty.
M. W. Talbot, 1609 Cleary Ave., Metairie, LA 70001 has written a 225+ page book everyname index, full color heraldy section with 440 coats of arms. $39 postpaid in U.S.$.
foreign add $8 US; personal check or money order in U S dollars. Book is titled ROYAL ANCESTRY OF JEANNE MOTIN,
FIRST LADY OF ACADIA.

Jeanne de Roeux-Corcelles Motin, born ca. 1615, was wife of two Acadian governors, Charles de St. Etienne de LATOUR, 1653, and Charles d'Aulnay de Menou, 1635. She is ancestor to many families in Louisiana, New England, France, and Canada. The book shows about 5,000 names of which over 2600 are her ancestors. Direct ancestors include Charlemagne, Charles Martel, Lady Godiva, Kings Louis VII of France and Henry I, Stephen and William the Conqueror fo England, Spanish kings, Holy Roman Emperors, plus El Cid, Plantagenet, Savoy, Frederick Barbarossa and several other crusaders. Many more nobles, siblings ofmedival popes, saints, counts, dukes and kings are present.

Hope this will be of use to you.

William E. Yandle

DAVID PIQUETTE (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: LATOUR,MOTIN
hi,thanks for the info on charles.how long ago was this book published?do you think there are still copies for sale?

what is your lineage from charles latour?

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 11:14PM GMT
My lineage comes down as follows:

Marie Motin Latour/Alexandre Leborgne
Marie LeBorgne/Alexandre Girouard, Sieur de RU
Marie Girouard/Jean Mouton, MD
Salvador Mouton/Anne Bastarche
Jean Mouton/Marie Marthe Bordat
Alexandre Mouton, Gov. LA/Celestine Zelia Rousseau (1)
Jean Jacques Alfred Alexandre Mouton. Brig Gen'l CSA /Philomene Zelia Mouton (his second cousin)
Emelie Zelia Mouton/Alfred Aurelien Delhomme
Emelie Zelia Delhomme/William Butcher
Emily Zelia Butcher/Sylvester Edward Yandle
William E. Yandle/Edwina B Baham

My great-grandmother on my grandfather side was a Mouton
also. So I have three branches on the Mouton side.

William E. Yandle

PS: I will try and find out if book is still in print
and what it's availability is. May try and have our
genealogical society acquire it for the local library.

There are some royalty sites - see University of Hull in
England for European royalty.

There is a canadian site on acadians where I located ancestry of Latour and Jeanne Motin.

Posted: 16 Aug 2001 3:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Latour/Motin
Found this site that discuss Charles Amador de La Tour.

It is http://www.blupete.com/Hist/NovaScotiaBk1/Part1/Ch07.htm.

I think you'll find it interesting.

William E. Yandle

kdn (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2004 6:14AM GMT
Surnames: Hebert, de Salazar, d'Entrement, Pajot, de La Tour
the de Salazar y Courcelles, Hebert, Pajot, de Biencourt de Poutrincourt, etc. are all cousins, (usually first cousins) before they came to North America. They show up in the antique history books on explorations of the New World together written by their contemporaries. The d'Entrement are also from the same family and have the same Spanish ancestry as Jeanne de Motin, the d'Entrement's thru the 2nd duke of Escalona. Contrary to popular anglocentric faux histories, the Spanish and French got to the new World because they had business connections and families were business corporations. Word of warning--- English people purchased fake genealogies in the 19th century to make our ancestors into theirs. Always cross reference old history books against succession records against church sacrement records.

kdn (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2004 4:36AM GMT
Double check Hull University genealogy. In fact always double check English genealogy, they have been notorious for centuries for selling fake genealogies. I noticed a genealogy in someone's spanish line referenced to Hull which contradicted Spanish, French and Portuguese history and the surviving texts and records. They had confused mistress's children with wife's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions