Search for content in message boards

Baynes Store

Baynes Store

Helen (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2001 2:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Could anyone tell me where the Baynes Store area was located in Caswell County? I'm searching the Baynes family. Thanks.

Re: Baynes Store

Emogene Kernodle (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2001 7:22PM GMT
Baynes Store is located in the southern part of Caswell Co. I believe it is on NC Hwy 62 just north of the Alamance Co line.

Sorry, wrong highway

Emogene Kernodle (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2001 9:45PM GMT
Sorry. I had the wrong highway. Baynes Store is on NC Hwy 119.

Shelly Baynes Langley (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2002 5:20AM GMT
Surnames: Baynes, Lee (Lea)
I have seen a turn of the century photo of this store in my families records. Unfortunately I no longer have access to these photographs. You maybe interested that there is also a Baynes Baptist Church, located in Burlington, NC. My Baynes family line is that of Thornton Baynes and Lillia Wyles.
Sincerely,
Shelly Baynes Langley

Posted: 6 Jul 2004 9:12PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2006 8:57PM GMT
Shelly,

I also am a descendant of Thornton Baynes, by his son Rainey Curry Baynes. I am familiar with the Baynes Store, etc. I am just starting to research my Baynes roots and would love any info you have on Thornton and Lillia's family and especially on Thornton's father John and his ancestry. I have been unable to trace my Baynes ancestors beyond John. My email is sidney@nc.rr.com.

Thank You,

Sidney Baynes
Wendell, NC

Baynes Family

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 10:27AM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Baynes, Tate, Lea
Hello Baynes Researchers,

How does John W. Baynes who married Sarah Tate Lea, 10 September 1845 in Caswell County, fit into your family?

John Fox

Re: Baynes Family

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 3:20PM GMT
I have John W. Baynes as a son of Thornton Baynes (Son of John B. and Mary Yancey. I am a descendant of Rainey Curry Baynes, another son of Thornton and Lillia Wyles. My info on John W. Baynes is all second hand and I have not had a chance to research it fully, but from what I have, he was married to Sarah Tate Lee or (Lea) 9/10/45. I had originally thought that the son of our Thornton was a John M. The account of John W. that I have says he moved to Tennessee which may be why my family knows so little about him. I have just started researching my family history so I'm not sure of much past Rainey.

Sidney Baynes

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: Baynes, Tate, Lea, Street, Park, Swift, Rice, Hart, Bains
Hello Sidney,

It is interesting that you should reply, as John W. Baynes and Sarah Tate Lea had a son named Sidney Baynes.

Sarah Tate Lea was a daughter of John Lea and Mary "Polly" Street Swift. Polly was my ggg aunt, daughter of William Park Swift and his wife, Sarah "Sally" Tate. John Lea was Polly's cousin, son of Henry Lea and Mary Street. Mary Street was my gggg aunt, and aunt to Sally Tate Swift, my ggg grandmother.

John W. Baynes and Sarah Tate Lea both lived and died in Haywood County, Tennessee, Living in Haywood County, Tennessee in 1860.

I also have a Rice lineage, which ties me to some of the Harts of Caswell County. I had recorded this bit about some additional Bains in the following: Hart, Thomas married Nancy Bain 9 Jan. 1812 Nathaniel Bain. If these Bains are part of your Baynes, I would really like to know.

The other children of John W. Baynes and Sarah Tate Lea were: Mary,
Thomas, William, John, Susan, and Lilly in addition to their son, Sidney.

John Fox
Winston-Salem, NC

Posted: 13 Jul 2004 5:06PM GMT
Surnames: Baynes
John,

Thanks so much for responding to my posting. The Sidney name appears throughout my family tree. The Sidney you refer to is definitley one of the earliest. According to my info, only Sidney Yancey Baynes, his uncle, is an older reference. I'm very interested in the Tennessee Baynes' and hope to visit the Baynes family cemetary some day.
I was unable to find anything on the names you referred to in your posting. There are a few Nancy Baynes around but I do not believe them to be related to this Nancy.
If you ever find anything on John Baynes (m.Mary Yancey -mainly John's parents and his English origins) please let me know.

Sincerely,

Sidney Baynes,
Wendell, NC

Posted: 18 Jul 2004 10:59PM GMT
Surnames: Yancey, Baynes, White, Royster
Hello Sidney,

I did find these listings from Granville County, NC and wondered if this were your group since it involves both the Baynes and Yancey names.

John Fox
Winston-Salem, NC

NC GRANVILLE 1757 JAMES YANCEY DEEDS 110 ACRES TO MARY BAYNES
NC GRANVILLE 1757 MARY BAYNES DEEDED 110 ACRES BY FATHER JAMES YANCEY
NC GRANVILLE 1760 JAMES YANCEY DEEDS 100 ACRES TO SAMUEL WHITE
NC GRANVILLE 1760 JAMES YANCEY GRANTED 636 ACRES
NC GRANVILLE 1760 JOHN BAYNES JOHN & MARY DEED LAND TO WILLIAM ROYSTER
NC GRANVILLE 1760 JOHN BAYNES GRANTED 626 ACRES OF LAND (JOHN)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions