Search for content in message boards

Archibald Shaw b. 1777, N.C./wife Jean

Archibald Shaw b. 1777, N.C./wife Jean

Posted: 23 Sep 2000 11:32PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2002 12:10AM GMT
Looking for information about the wife of Archibald Shaw, b. 1777, N.C. All I know about Jean is she was born about 1781 in Abbeville, S.C. Would appreciate any info you have....Brenda Latham

Archibald Shaw

Emy Park (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2000 8:14AM GMT
I am looking for an Archibald Shaw. He is the parent of my William Shaw. I do not have an exact date of when he was born. He came from Scotland in the late 1700's as an apprentice sailor. Landed in New York and lived in Culpepper County, VA. His wife was German. I have that they had children Neal b. 3-6-1779 Faquier County, VA, William b.abt 1789, Culpepper County, VA and an Elizabeth Sarah. I was wondering if your Archibald was my Archibald's son. If this sounds familiar let me know.

Thanks
Emy

Archibald Shaw

Posted: 13 Nov 2000 3:10PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2002 12:10AM GMT
Wish I could help you. My Archibald Shaw, I have two actually, was from N.C., born there in the late 1700's, father Jake. Good luck with your search.....Brenda Latham

Shaws of Carolinas Georgia

Posted: 9 Jan 2001 6:35AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 3:11PM GMT
I am trying to get my information on my ggrandfather. All i have is A Shaw and was married to Mattie Nancy Johnson. They had my grandfather Edward Leo Lewis Shaw.
Please contact me if you have any information that might help.

Archibald Shaw

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 8:36PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2002 7:17PM GMT
My 4times grandfather was Neal Shaw b: 3/6/1779 in Fauquier Co, VA. He died 11/24/1860 in Auglaize Co, Ohio. If this is the line you are looking for, please let me know.
Father is Archibald, mother unknown.
His children were: William H, Sarah Ann, Narcissus A, Strother Henry, Beverly Marshall, Matteson, Jackson MC, Matthew Neal, Robert Franklin and Marshall Neal. Ican be contacted at scollins99@hotmail.com

Archibald Shaw

Michaellann Mullins (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 8:19AM GMT
Did Archibald and Jean have a daughter named Margaret born abt 1815 Sc that married Robert Shepherd, son of John Sheperd and Winford "Winnie" Moses? If so I would like to ecchange info. You can reach me at MCTenn@aol.com

Archibald Shaw

Emy Park (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2001 7:56PM GMT
Hi Sandy,

This sounds like the same family. I have information on William Shaw's family. William taught school in Ohio where your grandfather died. They must have moved from VA to OH together. I'll e-mail you at your address with more information. Do you have any information on Archibald? That's where I'm stuck. There seem to be a couple of them in VA in the Culpepper and Faquier Counties.

Emy
Posted: 19 Apr 2001 4:57PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2002 7:17PM GMT
Hi,

Stuck with Archibald also. I'm hoping that by researching some of their kids middle names might come up with his wife. Please do email me.

Re: Shaws of Carolinas Georgia

Posted: 29 Aug 2001 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2002 12:16AM GMT
Gerry, This is Jerri in Florida. I'm also looking for a Edward Leo Shaw that married Lillian Gilmore of Bratt, Fl. My Edward Shaw was born 1872-- died 1948. Let me know by my e-mail JACovan36@aol.com Thanks, Jerri

Re: Archibald Shaw

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 2:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am Robert L. Shaw III son of Robert L Shaw Jr. Son of Robert L. Shaw son of Byron Bernard Shaw son of John Quincy Adams Shaw son of Jackson MC Shaw son of William Shaw son of Archibald Shaw. I at one time believed I was a decendent of Neil Shaw but contrary evidence was found at the wapakoneta courthouse. I was never able to prove a connection between neil and archibald. However, I believe neil to be a brother or cousin to my grandfather william because they both originated in culpepper/fauquier co. Moved to fairfield co. Ohio within a few miles of each other and again moved to auglaize co. Ohio within 3 miles of each other. Coincidence I think not. If u do have proof I would love to know how neil apnd william are related and anything about archibald shaw and who and where he came from.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions