Search for content in message boards

Ancestry extremely slow right now

Ancestry extremely slow right now

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 4:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
I seem to be having a real problem tonight with my member trees. The little "spinner" just keeps spinning and spinning and even when it appears to clear, I just get "loading" and nothing happens. Anyone else having this. I have noticed that things seems slower than usual and it has been for the last couple of weeks.

Re: Ancestry extremely slow right now

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 5:29AM GMT
Changes are being made to member tree application. Not sure what else but saw at least one just now. Now I know what is causing the slow downs.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 5:30AM GMT
And it's causing very slow response times.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 5:49AM GMT
I just read this.

"Coming in February 2013 Over the past few months we’ve been working on simplifying the way you add new discoveries to your tree. After getting your feedback and suggestions, we’re now ready to make these changes available to everyone. Be aware that in February 2013, these changes will be permanent."

If they are fixing to screw up the way I add things to my tree, I am going to be an unhappy camper. We will wait and see though. I checked it just now and it looks cumbersome to me and takes longer to edit.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 6:06AM GMT
The new display page for hints looks neater and more compact. I like the look of it.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 7:41PM GMT
C'mon MaryBeth...

Since when have you *ever* been a 'happy camper'?

;)

per page

Find a board about a specific topic