Search for content in message boards

Hatfield Celtic Information

Hatfield Celtic Information

James Lee Bethany (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2001 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Hatfield
Hello, my name is James Lee Bethany. I got my middle name (Lee) from my great grandfather "Lee Hatfield". Who I believe had created "Hatfield Oil" in Pawhuska, Oklahoma back during the early part of the 1900's. My maternal grandmother's maiden name was Jessie C. Hatfield. My Mother's maiden name was Brookie Mae Miller. I can't remember all of grandmother's siblings names, but there were many. Off the top of my head I remember Aunt Ann (Pawnee, OK), Aunt Vernie (Kansas), Aunt Helen, Aunt Thalma (Pawhuska, OK), Uncle Virgil, and there are probably a few more. These aunts and uncle I have mentioned are actually "Great" Aunts and Uncles. Also I have in my possession a red hard bound copy of the book "The Hatfields" by relative "G. Elliot Hatfield" Copyright 1974. Published by Big Sandy Valley Historical Society in Stanville, Kentucky 1974. It was "revised and edited by Leonard Roberts and Henery P. Scalf". This book is no longer in print. It cronicles the events of the famous family fued between the Hatfields and McCoys. The book was passed down from my late grandmother Jessie C. Hatfield (Hogue) to my mother Brookie Mae Miller (Schiavi) to myself. The reason I am writing this message is because I am getting ready to go back to the Europe in 2 weeks. I am already aware of the Hatfield history in England, including the famous "Hatfield House", the town of Hatfield, etc. from a British perspective. But I am also traveling to Ireland and Scotland, as well as, a few other places. What I would really like to know is if there is any Scottish or Irish affiliation. If there is, I would like to know more about it. I would specifically like to know about the Scottish connection, and any related Scot "Tartan" designs for kilts. I would also like to know about any Scottish Clan affiliations from the Hatfield perspective. Yes, I am aware that Hatfield is a predomanently British sirname with a long British history, so trying to find a Scottish connection might be a long shot, but it's one I am willing to investigate with your help. If you have any www site URL's that might enlighten me, I'd appreciate you sending them to me via email. I look forward to hearing from you all, and am very happy to have discovered my extended family online. Thanks!

Jaymz Lee Bethany
University of Alaska Anchorage: Justice Major
Anchorage, Alaska USA
jaymzlee@yahoo.com

Re: Hatfield Celtic Information

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2001 9:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have also read this book. If you found any Celtic connection would like to know.
damien@famvid.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions