Search for content in message boards

faust distillery in york, pennsylvania

faust distillery in york, pennsylvania

Posted: 25 May 2011 2:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 May 2011 6:43AM GMT
does anyone know if there are any old records or photos available of the faust distillery in pennsylvania in the town of springfield ? my husbands ggfather worked there and i would love to put a picture or document to him. a picture to add to the name would be wonderful, he worked there in 1850-1860 era.
thanks,
lola

Re: faust distillery in york, pennsylvania

Posted: 21 Jul 2011 8:15PM GMT
Hi ... did anyone ever get back to you with information of Faust? If not, email me directly at talanzig@comcast.net. Todd

Posted: 30 Jul 2011 12:44AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2011 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: faust, foust
Can anyone tell me exactly where I can find the Foust Distillery ruins. I'm running up to Glen Rock tomorrow to get some pictures and have to stop by. Thanks

Posted: 30 Jul 2011 10:37AM GMT
hi,

my husband and i was there last year and took photos of what was left of it b/c my ancestor worked there and all i can tell ya is it off the main road to the right and down around the corner of this little road at the bottom of the hill. my husband could tell you exactly where it is , will post later today after work..

lola

Posted: 5 Aug 2011 1:10AM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2011 3:26AM GMT
Surnames: Faust, Foust
I found it on my own. When I saw Foust Road off Church St then looked to the right, there was the smokestack. The old warehouse is pretty much fallen to the ground except for the inner pen they are keeping the cows in. There are still a couple of the old homes there. The house at the corner of Foust Rd and Distillery Road is very pretty and kept up well. I found out from one of the antiques shops in Shrewsbury they had just had an auction at the Distillery remains a couple days before and had a lot of small whiskey bottles that went for a couple hundred dollars.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions