Search for content in message boards

Joseph,Wilhelm,Friedrick, Caroline Ziegahn

Joseph,Wilhelm,Friedrick, Caroline Ziegahn

Posted: 6 Oct 1999 8:06AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 2:25PM GMT
This family came to WI in 1862 from Prussia.Joseph's wife was Helen Bloy, when she died Joseph married a Sophia Snell (don't know where)They moved to Calumet, Marinette and Wood Counties in 1903. Need info for 1862-1900 period.

Ziegahn

Don Schnitzler (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 1999 7:20AM GMT
I checked the local Wood County Cemetery indexes for the Ziegahn names listed in your message. In the Marshfield cemetery these names are listed. Ziegahn, Amelia, mother 1867-1923; Ziegahn, William, father 1854-1923; and Caroline 1902-1945. I don't know that these are necessarily the individuals you are looking for, but I thought I'd forward the information to you. Also, there are still members of the Ziegahn family residing in the Marshfield area.
Posted: 23 Nov 1999 10:39PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 3:15PM GMT
There is a Caroline Berger in my family history from Prussia. She married August Wilhelm Weber. Does this sound familiar to you?

Caroline Berger

Posted: 1 Dec 1999 9:39AM GMT
I would to get back to germany but so far am stuck on my ggf in Buucks County Pa without a clue where he came from or when.

Ziegohn/ Ziegahn

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:46PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2001 5:32AM GMT
Joseph And Helen(Bloy) Ziegohn were my
ggrandparents.Their son Gustaf b. abt 1868
in Wrightstown,Brown Co. WI married Robina
Dunn somewhere in WI abt 1889.They had two
daughters, Bell and Beatrice( my mother).
They resided in Peshtigo, Marinette Co. WI.
Gustaf was owner of barbershop in Peshtigo
for many years.
Bell b. abt 1891 married George Tibbets
abt 1916, they resided in Peshtigo. they had
a son, Rolland born abt 1917. Bell died in the Flu epedemic of 1918. George and son
moved to Lansing, MI.
Beatrice b. 9 Apr 1896 married Jake Hanna
and Had a daughter Beverly (my stepsister)
b.7 Sept 1924. Jake was killed in an accident
shortly after Beverly's birth. Beatrice
married my father,James Cook in 1925.I, James
Cook Jr b.1927 was the only child of this
marriage.
Gustaf d 2 Apr 1928, his obituary mentioned that he had a brother, Joesph living in Minneapolis,Mn. Gustaf and wife
are burried in Riverside Cemetery in Peshtigo.
I would like to have any information about the Ziegohn family in Germany or their
arrival in U S. Contact me jimanna@cts.com

Wisconsin Ziegahn Connection

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 8:20PM GMT
We have a connection, We were unaware of Gustaf's birth after arriving in WI. It also helps to know they were in Brown county in 1868. We have a void up to 1900 when Joseph and second wife Rosa are in the Census for town of Grover. In 1903 widow Rosa is in Marinette City Directory. Caroline Zeigahn born about 1845 in Prussia married a Kleinert.

Re: Joseph,Wilhelm,Friedrick, Caroline Ziegahn

Posted: 1 Sep 2008 1:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bloy
Donald,

Do you know anything about your Helen (Bloy)? I am very intriugued because I descend from Bloys who immigrated from Prussia to Wisconsin (Calumet Co.), and know they had other relatives already in Wisconsin. My Bloys were Friedrich and his family and his father Gottlieb.

I would love to see if we have a connection, I have dead-ended at Gottlieb Bloy (b. 1807 d. 1884). Any information is appriciated!

Heather

Posted: 1 Sep 2008 10:09PM GMT
Heather
I have copy of 29 Nov 1894 Brillion WI Marriage of Willhem Ziegahn that list his mother as Helene Bloy. Wilhem's birthplace is listed as Kreis Mielitz, Schlesien, Prussia. We have Hamburg dearture listing fOr Joseph age 39 and wife Anna, Frau age 37 and 3 children. We have listing from Sir Robert Peel ship arriving NYC on 24 Jun 1862 with Joseph 39, Anna 37, and three children, with WI as their destination.. I was told by LDS German expert that listing Anna in lieu of Helena was not uncommon. I looked at many LDS films for Schlesien towns is the area mentioned for both Ziegahn and Bloy with out any success. What Bloy info do have to share. Thanks Don

Posted: 3 Sep 2008 1:03AM GMT
Don,

The message is not letting me post, maybe I am typing too much. I am going to try to e-mail you. If it works, could you post it on the message board for me (so that others might connect as well), and then reply via the message board as it is easier for me to archive and access on the message board than from my e-mail.

Heather

Posted: 3 Sep 2008 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Bloy, Mathibe, Rode, Scholtz, Stanelle, Piepenburg
Long story short, Friedrich fought in the Franco-Prussian war, and after the men on both sides of him were killed, decided he didn't want his sons to endure that, so he immigrated to America, bringing his first wife and children and his (I assume widower) father. I have heard from family that Friedrich chose to immigrate to Calumet County, Wisconsin because he had other family here (possibly your Helene).

So here are my thoughts on the information you and I have... if the dates that you have for immigration and age at time of immigration are correct, and if Anna and Helene are in fact the same person, that puts Helenes birth date around 1825; Given the fact that they are from the same area, and immigrated to the area, I might guess that Helene and Friedrich could be siblings, or possibly cousins (Hopefully siblings, then we'll both be researching the same parents!). I have heard from family that Friedrich chose to immigrate to Calumet County, Wisconsin because he had other family here (possibly your Helene), and given that he took his father with him, I imagine no one was left in the old country.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions