Search for content in message boards

Ancestry - doubling of people in the tree

Ancestry - doubling of people in the tree

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 11:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Im just wondering if anyone has the same problem of double people in the tree - it happened to me when i deleted someone and my whole tree went haywire - had to call the helpline

now i seem to have two people of some of them and if i delete one of the two if seems to remove them both - i thought it was becasue i had a lot of people in my tree but it only started when it reached 200 which isnt a lot when ive seen trees on here with 400+

any help appreciated

Re: Ancestry - doubling of people in the tree

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 1:59PM GMT
When you go to the list of all people do you see duplicates?
If you don't then the pedigree display showing the same person twice is indicating that you have multiple relationships that can't be displayed in a 2 dimensional chart. This is often caused by marriages between cousins, people attached to each other more than once, etc.

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 7:15PM GMT
>>now i seem to have two people of some of them and if i delete one of the two if seems to remove them both <<

Have you been using the new (beta) review? If so it's not you, it's Ancestry. Please read my posts on this thread about "phantom" profiles.

http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.ancestry.ancsite/12400/mb....

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2013 5:47PM GMT
thank you im still very co9nfused but ive only got the doubling on 3 people in the same area :-

the original one i removed and then re addred him again
his mother - i have got HER marrying herself
and his father - i have two the same

im the meanitime i spoke to ancestry who said it might be my browser as im on google ?

ive aeen a spot when i can combine the doubles but it take a little time

thanks for your help
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions