Search for content in message boards

Andrew Jackson Wright / Mary Jane Duncan

Andrew Jackson Wright / Mary Jane Duncan

Posted: 5 Mar 2008 9:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: wright, lee, duncan
I thought I posted this already but guess not.

I am searching for the parents of either of these people. They married in 1851 in Georgia. I have plenty of information on their descendants (at least my direct line) but none on their ancestry. My line goes from me to Rickey D Lee, Hazel Inez Wright, Andrew Jackson Wright, Montevello Wright, and Andrew Jackson Wright.

Andrew Jackson Wright
Born: 4 Feb 1826
Georgia
Died: 10 Oct 1922
upshaw, alabama

Mary Jane Duncan
Born: 21 Sept 1834
Died: 26 May 1914

Children
Frank Pascall Wright 1854–
Montevello M Wright 1869–1950
Minnie Ada Wright 1879–1966

Thanks!

Re: Andrew Jackson Wright / Mary Jane Duncan

Posted: 5 May 2008 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Duncan, Minor
Hello,

I descend from Andrew Jackson Wright and Mary Jane Duncan through their daughter Gorda Odessa Wright (1873-1932) who married James M. Minor. I sadly haven't done much work on the Wrights over the years, and probably don't have much more on their ancestry than you do, but my mother is encouraging me to make contact with Wright cousins. We have an old photograph of our Gorda with several Wright relatives, including a very old man we suspect might be her father Jack Wright. I would like to compare notes with you, and if possible, see any photographs you might have of your Wright kin.

Thanks,
Joseph T. Richardson
jtr@zdutton.org

Posted: 5 May 2008 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: JACKSON, WRIGHT, MCCOMAS, GILBERT
If you ever run into an Andrew Jackson Wright (or maybe just Jackson Wright) who was b in IL in abt 1840, to James Gilbert Wright & Lucinda (McComas) Wright, he's mine. They did have Wright relatives in GA (Hancock, Greene, Wilkes Co. area)but never lived there.

Posted: 10 Mar 2010 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Manasco, Odom
Does your photograph match any of the people in the one attached? I have an Andrew Jackson Wright and Mary Jane (Duncan) Wright in my line but am still trying to figure out for sure that they belong to my Great-Grandmother.

Thanks!
Kristie
Attachments:

Posted: 10 Mar 2010 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: Wright Duncan
Yes, I have a copy of these photographs. The couple above are Andrew Jackson Wright and Mary Jane Duncan. (This isn't the man of whom I had a picture in the original post, but I since saw this picture and confirmed that this was them.)

How do you think you tie in?

--Joseph Richardson

Posted: 10 Mar 2010 10:17PM GMT
From what I can gather, Andrew and Mary Jane's son Frank is my great great grandfather. Frank's daughter Odessa M. Wright married William Samuel Manasco and their daughter Eula Jane Manasco was my grandmother. Do you have any information on Odessa M or Frank? I have been looking for her family for so long and I want to be sure this is the same group of Wrights.

Posted: 26 Mar 2010 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Duncan, Johns
Sorry for the delay in my reply. Yes, you have the right Wright family. I attended a Wright reunion a couple of years ago, where I received copies of those same photos (I have a scan from the original of the group photo).

Here's what I have:

Franklin Pascal Wright
(Oldest son of Andrew Jackson Wright and Mary Jane Duncan)
Born 3 July 1852 in Coweta County, Georgia
Died 10 April 1944 in Cass County, Texas
Married Sarah Frances JOHNS on 8 Nov 1874 in Alabama

My notes are kind of in need of maintenance on this family, but from the 1880 census of Cullman County, Alabama, I can confirm that Frank and Sarah's children in 1880 were Odessa M. (born ca. 1876), Mary F. (born ca. 1878), and Susan I. (born ca. 1880). I believe there were several descendants of Frank Wright at the Wright reunion (which was held near Cullman, Alabama).

Also, my great-great-grandmother was Gorda Odessa Wright, who was Frank's sister, so the name Odessa definitely has a history in this family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions