Search for content in message boards

Tyrrel Moore born abt 1864 ST Pancras London

Tyrrel Moore born abt 1864 ST Pancras London

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 12:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore
Hi,
I am researching my great grandfather (Tyrrel Moore) and cannot find any birth or census details which include him before 1891.

I know he married Laura Elizabeth Capon in 1886 and they appear on the 1891 census and later ones with their children. I have found his death record and probate record showed he died in Devon in 1927. From the facts on this I know this is the correct person.

However, I cannot find any birth records or records of his parents or any siblings. The only information I have before his marriage is from the census record showing he was born about 1864 in St Pancras London.

Can anyone help ?
Many thanks
Caroline

Re: Tyrrel Moore born abt 1864 ST Pancras London

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 10:13AM GMT
You need his marriage certificate (£9.25 direct from www.gro.gov.uk) which should how his father's name and occupation.

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Moore
I have a family photo, a baby picture of Penelope Moore (daughter of Claude and Lilly Moore), Grand-daughter of Tyrrel and Laura Moore (perhaps this is the family line you are researching?? It is a distant relation in our family and I don't know much more about it.

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 12:42AM GMT
Claude Albert Smith (is my grandfather).

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 3:35PM GMT
HI, I would be very interested in seeing your photo as Penelope Moore was my mother and Claude and Lily Moore my grandparents.

Thanks

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Smith
The attached photos were kept by Grace Stewart Smith (Claude's second wife of Fort Davis, TX) and my mother who recently passed this year (Joyce Claire Smith). They were sent to San Diego, Ca., where Claude and Grace had last resided prior to leaving Fort Davis, Texas.
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 6:57PM GMT
The attached photos were kept by Grace Stewart Smith (Claude's second wife of Fort Davis, TX) and my mother who recently passed this year (Joyce Claire Smith). They were sent to San Diego, Ca., where Claude and Grace had last resided prior to leaving Fort Davis, Texas.
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 6:58PM GMT
Two more photos...
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 7:08PM GMT
Wow - you have just made my day!! The photos are amazing, although I am not sure what the Snow queen one is - as I never remember my mum saying anything about that.

The baby pen is wonderful. The photo with mum (Pen) and Joyce is lovely. Joyce was 90 in September and we celebrated with a little party with her youngest sister Liz - 83 in January next. Unfortunately Joyce fell a few weeks ago and is now very poorly in hospital :-(

I was aware that there was apart of the family as my grandmother (lily) talked about that. I can explain the change of name from Smith to Moore - unless you already know that part of the ancestry!

Lovely to find another part of the family.
Caroline

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 7:37PM GMT
All I know is that Tyrrel changed to Moore, would like to know more??

As I find more pictures, I will post them. Glad I can share them!

My great grandfather would be Walter Azemberg Smith and great grandmother Emily Mary Moore/Smith. I have lots of photos of Claude and his two brothers and two sisters.

We have three oil paintings done by Walter A. Smith that are amazing! I don't know much more about Walter Azemberg Smith?? I know he had a photography business and was an artist. I have traced the Moore side of the family back to Bringhurst, Leicestershire, England.

Amazingly, Claude made many trips back to Southampton. I never really understood why he left England to start a cattle ranch in Fort Davis. With Claudes first wife, they had a son which he named Tyrrel (which I believe was named after his brother).

I also have some pictures of Dodie Smith (101 Dalmations) which I believe was the daughter of Ernest and Ella Smith.

All so amazing! I live on the Central Coast of California. My father Jim Smith had me late in life as did his father Claude. I am in my early 40's and sometimes I have hard to believing that my grandfather was Claude (so many years back). It is all so fascinating!

Glad I was able to share some family history!

Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions