Search for content in message boards

Export function failure

Export function failure

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 9:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
I tried to export Genealogy of the Cushing Family 2010 to my computer yesterday, but the download failed at 58% complete. The program is still running a day later and still stuck at 58% complete.

How do you fix this error? OR, How do you contact tech support by email to correct this issue? I do not have access to phone service in my location.

Re: Export function failure

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 12:50AM GMT
I would just try again, before doing anything else (and maybe restart the computer in the interim). Often, these things just get stuck, but the next try works fine. If you are trying to download to FTM 2010, I would suggest starting from FTM instead of starting from Ancestry.

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 5:17PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2013 5:36PM GMT
I do not use FTM. All my entries have been individually and directly added to Ancestry Member Trees.

I have run into these occasional glitches before, but this was no glitch! All my other trees are performing correctly. It is my main family tree that is having the problem.

I am using Firefox 17 and IE7Enterprise with CORE i5 on a UCI network, so there is no issues there.

I tried to EXPORT my main family tree to computer as I do after every session (4-5 times per week) to save all my changes.

However, on Friday the Ancestry program stuck and CONTINUED to process for 3 DAYS at 58% complete. This is very irregular as the program usually resets itself after an hour or so if there is an error. I could not stop or correct the problem at all.

Because this door was left open for 3 days, I received over 40 cyber-attacks on my email as a result. Fortunately my firewalls held up.

It is now Monday morning and everything appears to have returned to normal. I was able to export my family tree without any problem (fingers crossed).

The bug has been extinguished, and hopefully Ancestry will find a better way of handling these issues. An email address to TECH SUPPORT is an absolute necessity.

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 5:44PM GMT
Ancestry.com Support ancestrysupport@custhelp.com

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 5:48PM GMT
Thanks!
I knew there was one, but haven't needed to use it for quite some time. Perhaps someday they can post it somewhere where it can easily be found.
Regards
Warren Cushing

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 6:01PM GMT
I think it unlikely "they" will post it - it was previously on the website, but removed a few months ago in favor of a phone number.

I save email responses from Tech Support, for future reference.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic