Search for content in message boards

Clarksburg 1854 - Verville line begins from Bourbeau dit Verville

Clarksburg 1854 - Verville line begins from Bourbeau dit Verville

Posted: 25 Aug 2008 12:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: VERVILLE-HOULE
Louis Verville, son of Joseph Verville, was born in Gentilly Quebec and migrated about 1855 with his wife, Louise ?, and daughter Exilia Louise Verville b.1854

Joseph Verville, born 1799, was the oldest son of Francois dit Verville and Catherine Provancher in Gentilly, Quebec.

Lumber and riverman, lime and charcoal contractor for blast furnaces at of Humbolt.

Seeking mother's name and wife's last name.
Louis possibly married a daughter of Joseph Croteau in Gentilly. They had 8 children including Exilia Louise at the Homestead in Clarksburg MI.

Exilia married Cyrille Houle III July 25, 1871 in Clarksburg.

And any family information.

Re: Clarksburg 1854 - Verville line begins from Bourbeau dit Verville

Posted: 8 Sep 2008 12:22AM GMT
I am related to some Verville's from the Clarksburg area. I need to dig up my research to find out what Louis' mothers name was. I believe it was Victoria or something similiar. Where was their homestead?? My aunt remembers a house along US 41 that was in the family, but couldn't remember who's house it was.

Posted: 8 Sep 2008 3:03PM GMT
Surnames: VERVILLE
My records show her name was LOUISE but there is no surname.

Posted: 8 Sep 2008 3:03PM GMT
Surnames: VERVILLE
My records show her name was LOUISE but there is no surname.
Please RSVP when you find your records.

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 12:06AM GMT
Sorry, I was so excited to see someone else looking for Verville, I didn't see it was Louise you were looking for. I don't see a Louise in the part of my tree that I have been able to find so far. I moved to Minnesota about a year ago and most of my information is still in Michigan. If I find anything, I will certainly let you know. Do you know where the homestead was????

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 12:06AM GMT
Sorry, I was so excited to see someone else looking for Verville, I didn't see it was Louise you were looking for. I don't see a Louise in the part of my tree that I have been able to find so far. I moved to Minnesota about a year ago and most of my information is still in Michigan. If I find anything, I will certainly let you know. Do you know where the homestead was????

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 4:40PM GMT
My records show the homestead was in Clarksburg...nothing specific.

Posted: 22 Oct 2008 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Treado, Verville, Lacourse
My great grandmother was Ida Verville born about 1863 in Canada, Died 1953 Chicago, IL. Her Father was Louis Verville, and her mother was Victorilla LaCourse. This is all the information I have and was from notes my mother took of a conversation with my great aunt in the 70's.

Does this information make any sense to you? Maybe your Louis had a son Louis?

Posted: 22 Oct 2008 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Treado, Verville, Lacourse
My great grandmother was Ida Verville. Her Father Was Louis, and her mother was Victorilla Lacourse. This is all the information I have from notes my mother took of a conversation with my great aunt in the 70's. Does any of this make sense to you?

Posted: 22 Oct 2008 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: Verville
My great grandmother was Elixia Louise Verville daughter of Louis Verville and ? .Elixia was born in Gentilly French Canada Dec.21, 1854 and was an 8th generation Berbeau dit Verville. She was a first child and traveled with her parents
to northern Michigan. She died Oct. 11, 1840.

Elixia Verville married Cyrille Houle July 25, 1871.
Their son Joseph Arthur , born 12/28/1877 Ishpeming MI was my grandfather. My father is JA Houle Jr. age 90.

This is a possible connection.
Louis Verville, son of Joseph, 1790, oldest son of Francois #1, broher of Francois Xavier #2, courin of Louis V. 1842 founder of the Champion line.
Louis at Gentilly , married Louis, migrated about 1855 with wife and daughter, probably at the same time as his 2nd v=cousin Felix son of Francois Xavier #2 starting the great Verville eigration to N. Michigan.
8 children:
Exilia 1854
Josephine married Lajoie
Victorire
Alice married Trudeau
Medore
Gedeon
Ida b. Clarksbutg, married Jerry Trudeau, 5 children, died Republic. All children residents of Milwaukee and Los Angeles
Joseph

Lacourse is a name that branched off Pierre #2 Bourbeau dit LaCourse, later founder of Becancour.
and on and on.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions