Search for content in message boards

Winifred Ethel Clements

Winifred Ethel Clements

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 8:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clements
Hi, I'm looking for Birth record/1911 Census info for Winifred Ethel Clements, born 1905 not sure where but I think London. Almost certain that her Mother was Single and also called Clements. Her Father was possibly a Circus Performer who abandoned them. Winifred might have spent some of her Childhood in a 'Nuns College' where her Mum was working, possibly taken in. I do know that there was another Child, a Son, who died at a young age of Whooping Cough but I haven't found out his name yet. Winifred's Mum died in about 1923 of Cancer but not sure where, possibly Slough. The first record I have for Winifred is her Marriage Certificate from 1924 when she married Reginald Fish.

Re: Winifred Ethel Clements

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 10:24AM GMT
Hi,
Can't find a birth reg. for the year you say.What was winifreds mothers name?

Regards

Sandra

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 10:49AM GMT
Hi,
What info was on the marriage cert.How old was Winifred E,who were the witnesses might be a clue there.Where did the marriage take place the more info may gelp to track her down.

Regards

Sandra

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 2:46PM GMT
I'm afraid lack of Mothers First name is a big problem although I'm trying to find it lout. Winifred's Marriage took place at Wandsworth Registry Office, 17/04/1924 which I believe is the Year her Mother died. Her address at the time was 133 Battersea Rise, battersea and the Witnesses wereLawrence Fish (obviously her Husbands side) and Eveline Squires. It gives her age as 18 which is confirmed on her Death Certificate :(

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 4:38PM GMT
What makes you think her mother died in Slough ?

Eveline Squires (nee Lake) was married at the same register office her GRO no is !D 1276 and Winifred was 1D 1296 so maybe only 20 marriages between them. So maybe did not know each other

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 4:47PM GMT
Winifred's Daughter, Blanche, told me in a letter that after her Mums Mum died, my Grandfather used to visit them in Slough, so just a long shot really. Surely Eveline was known to Winifred if she was a Witness?

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 4:52PM GMT
Winifred's Daughter, Blanche, refers to my Dad, Arthur Ronald Walker and his Siblings, as Cousins, and their Dad Robert Walker as her Uncle BUT I can't find out who the Relationship is through :(
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions