Search for content in message boards

Underhill, Sparks

Underhill, Sparks

Merrilee Morrison-Cotter (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Twiss, Ide, Richardson, DeWitt, Sparks, Barrington, Swan, Darling, Underhill
People in Branch Co., mostly in Bronson, That res. there 1840's 0n to ?:Jasper, Charles Jay, and Emmert Underhill; Sarah Murray Twiss, Edmund Twiss; Hattie and Horatio Ide; Samuel Sparks family (he d. 1855); connected with John O. Barrington family of Hillsdale Co.; Clinton and ?(Blodgett) and Sarah DeWitt; Jerusha, Geeo., and Alonzo Swan; she m. Ephraim Darling, as did Polly Way.Also Nelson and Anna Richardson.Please post attn.; Merrilee. Thank you.

Atten: Merrilee

Posted: 15 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2006 3:59PM GMT
Surnames: UNDERHILL
I don't know if this will help but a C. J. Underhill, J. Underhill and Jas. Underhill all lived in Algansee twp. in Branch Co 1858. they were related to my husbands gr-gr grandmother. I believe Jas was Julia Love Underhills Mcnitts father and the other two were brothers. James was born about 1799 Married Louisa Clark and most likely lived in Ohio at some point. I have Julias birthdate as 8/03/1839 in Reed Twp, Seneca Co. OH. James was township supervisor for a number of years and died at the age of 63 in 1862.

Attn: Merrilee

Posted: 17 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2005 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Richardson
I have a Anna E. Richardson born abt. 1871 in Bay City,Mich.
died 1932 in Flint,Mich. Burried Sunset Hills,Flint,Mich.
Married abt. 1892 to Dr. Monroe Porter. She had a daughter named Emma Mae by previous marriage that took the Porter name,Emma Mae was born around 1890.

Attn: Merrilee

Posted: 18 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: UNDERHILL, TWISS, IDE
After going through family papers, I find I have copies of a few pages of the Underhill Genealogy published 1932. The book was at the University of Michigan and my in-laws copied the pages they were interested in. page 815 mentions Charles Jay Underhill, son of Jasper and Sarah Murray Twiss Underhill, born in Thompson, OH married in Lester, MI to Sarah Alice DeWitt, Issue Emmett Lorenzo who married Mattie Ide. There are dates and other children, if you are interested. I also have Jaspers original Land Grant document and can tell you Jasper, Charles Jay and 2 other Underhills are buried in Lester Cemetery in Branch County, MI. If you want more I have some information on Jaspers daughter Mary Love Underhill George and Jaspers brother James.

A A Underhill

Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Underhill
Leanna, sorry, I only have two pages of said book. My mother-in-law copied it at the University of Michigan library. Our family tree doesn't show any men with initial A. The book is titled Underhill Genealogy; Decendants of Capt. John Underhill edited by Josephine C. Frost, published 1932 Vol III it seems to have thousands of underhills. I'm going to the library someday, if I find anything, I'll post it.

A.A. Underhill

Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:38PM GMT
Surnames: HEAL, LITTLER, FRANKBONER, UNDERHILL
Linda, does your UNDERHILL book mention anything about Caroline Joanna LITTLER, who married A. A. UNDERHILL sometime after 1895? Believe she was first married to Alonzo FRANKBONER in Grant Co., IN. Caroline's mother was Sarah Joanna HEAL LITTLER NOTTINGHAM, and she died in Lansing, MI at the home of one of her children. I don't know which of her 10 children she was living with! Possibly this one. Appreciate your checking for this UNDERHILL family.

Caroline Fankboner, Ronald Fankboner

Posted: 7 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:32PM GMT
Surnames: Fankboner, Conners, Nottingham
Do you know if Caroline died in Branch County?

I do not know who the parents of Ronald Bell Fankboner are except that his father's last name is Fankboner and his mother's is Conners. The death index for California lists parents' surnames. So I have Ronald entered in my tree as an "unrelated individual" and when I find his parents, I'll link them.

I do know that almost all the Fankboners in Indiana are related to the same family and lived in Grant County.

There are several Sarah Fankboners. I assume you're interested in the one who married Peter F. Nottingham. Sarah's name is Sarah Jane and her parents are John Fankboner (born 1824 in Ohio) and Mary Gaskell (born 1825).

I have a lot of info about the Grant County Fankboners.

If you'd like more info, please e-mail me. .

Caroline J. Littler Fankboner

Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:38PM GMT
Surnames: FANKBONER, LITTLER, HEAL, NOTTINGHAM
Great to hear from you! Caroline's birth date was December 27, 1867, born in Wisconsin. I have no death date for her. Another researcher sent me this:
Daughters of the American Revolution:
Mrs. Caroline J. Littler Underhill.
DAR ID Number: 162186
Born in Vernen County, Wise.
Wife of A. A. Underhill.

As for Peter F. Nottingham, he was the son of John Nottingham and Sarah Williamson. John was the brother of James Nottingham who married Sarah J. Heal Littler. I would like to know Sarah Fankboner's parents too.

James Nottingham and Sarah J. Heal had a daughter, Corinne, that married a Connor/Conner, and I am wondering if the person below might be Corinne's son:

FANKBONER RONALD BELL 10/11/1906 CONNERS M INDIANA SANTA BARBARA 05/27/1982 age 75 yrs

I'm not sure how much information you have on this family, but I would love to compare notes. I do not know where in Michigan the family lived, but the Underhill name in this county is what got my attention. Any clues are helpful.

Frankboner

Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:32PM GMT
Surnames: Fankboner, Littler, Nottingham
Several of the Fankboners ended up in Michaigan, but this is the first I've heard of Branch County. The Frankboner Carrie was first married to is Alonzo C. FANKBONER--note the spelling correction. Alonzo and "Carrie" were married 16 Sept. 1895 and he died 19 December 1895, three months later at age 27. Alonzo's headstone states, "Husband of Carrie." Do you have a birthdate for Caroline?

Curiously, Sarah J. Fankboner ( a cousin of Alonzo's, but not sure right now exactly how) married Peter F, Nottingham, a possible relation to Caroline's mother.

Banard (Jay) DeWitt

Ron (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: DeWitt, Wilkinson
Banard (Jay) DeWitt B:? (M:November.20.1964)Elaine Wilkinson B:March.21.1937
Children:
Kathy DeWitt
Puala DeWitt
Ronald_Elizabeth@MSN.com
________Other Surnames_____________
Young, Zoagman, Webster, "Wilkinson", Wilcox, Waterman, Veenkant, Theil, Stratton, Strickfaden, Stewart, Spencer, Simonds, Salter, Sage, Reynolds, Rowley, Ross, Rodney, Richardson, Richards, Russell, Pitteneauer, Peck, Parker, Noggle, Nine, Nelson, Nader, Myers, Macomber, Lindsay, Lemunyon, Kindle, Jyles, Johnson, Hope, Hofacker, Henry, Headly, Haas, Griffin, Gregg, Gordan, Gooney, Good, Gilmer, Geisel, Fredericks, Bennett, Bartlett, Foster, Emmons, Ellick, DeWitt OR De Witt, Demont, De Young, De Hollander, Dando, Curtis, Cronk, Cox, Cornell, Cook, Claussen, Chase, Carpenter, Carman, Burleigh, Don Brorn, Bolyen, Bing, Bennett, Bartlett, Anderson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic