Pyburn, Snyder, Hines, Mulkey, Henderson
-died 1852 MO or Linn County, OR
-married Elizabeth Snyder born TN died 1851
their children included:
1. Salina 1837 Saline, Andrew County, MO-Turner OR age 72; to Linn County, OR with father 1852; married James Shelton Hines 1856
2. Jacob died 16 March 1901, buried at Wasco, Sherman County, OR; in Benton County, OR 1880; married Susan (Mulkey) Henderson 1873
4. Edward "Ned" 15 Sept 1848 MO-1 Oct 1916 Suver, OR, buried Gingles/Suver Cemetery, Benton County
Children of James Shelton HINES and Salina Pyburn include:
1. Loretta who m. John L. Burres
2. Nancy J. who married Elias F. Truax of Linn County, OR 1905
3. Ida May 1861 OR-1943 m. King
4. William A. m. Daisy A. Florer 1896 Wasco County, OR
5. Alfred 1865 OR-1937 Rufus, Sherman County, OR, buried Wasco, OR, m. Mahala Henderson 1888 Wasco, Sherman County, OR
6. Edward c. 1866 OR-1888
7. Katherine m. Port Mitchell
8. Elihu Mason "Judd" born 1869 Summit,OR, m. Emma Maria McMillin 1894 Sherman County, OR
9. Mary Elizabeth 1873-1920 m. Edwin R. McMillin 1894 Sherman County, OR
10. Levi "Lee" Shelton 1874 Philomath, OR, died age 80, buried Wasco, OR, married Mary D. Day 1896 Goldendale, Klickitat County, WA.
1919 Sherman County, OR OBSERVER obituary:
"Mrs. Susan B. Pyburn, one of the pioneers of Oregon and a resident of Sherman County since 1887, passed away at Rufus last Thursday after a brief illness and was laid to rest in the cemetery near this city last Saturday afternoon. She was the mother of eighteen children, eight of whom are living. They are: J. H. Henderson and Lyge Henderson at Blodgett, Oren Henderson, Mrs. Al Hines and J.A. Pyburn at Rufus, Mrs. W.E. Miller, Portland, Mrs. Charles Warren, Yakima, Washington, and Mrs. H.H. March, Vancouver, Washington."
Tentatively, the family of Susan A. (Mulkey) Henderson Pyburn:
Susan A. Mulkey
-born 23 Nov 1843 MO
-died 21 Oct 1919 78y 11m 1d 13 miles N of Wasco, OR
-daughter of E. and Jane Mulkey
-m1st John B. Henderson
-m2nd Jacob Pyburn 1873
John B. Henderson
-went to Jackson County, OR
-born c. 1850 MO to Edward and Elizabeth Pyburn
-died 16 March 1901 Sherman County, OR, buried at Wasco, OR
-lived Benton County, OR 1870 & 1880
-Civil War: 1st OR Infantry
Tentatively - Children of Susan A. (Mulkey) Henderson Pyburn - combined family of two marriages that further research will sort out, and in no particular order:
1. J. H. Henderson who lived at Blodgett, OR 1919
2. Lyge / Elijah Henderson who lived at Blodgett, OR 1919
3. Oren Henderson who lived at Rufus, Sherman County, OR 1919
4. Mahala Henderson who married Alfred Hines and lived at Rufus, OR 1919
5. Jacob A. Pyburn who lived at Rufus, OR 1919
6. Nancy Pyburn
7. Salina Pyburn who married Charles Warren 1900 Wasco County, OR
8. Nancy Isabel "Belle" [prob Pyburn] who married William E. Miller 6 July 1895 in Wasco County, OR, his second wife
9. Permelia [ - ] who married John Smith in MO
11. William C.
12. Thomas W.
13. Samuel E.
14. John W. who lived in Benton County, OR 1880, unmarried
15. Mary "Polly"
16. James L. who lived in Benton County, OR 1880, unmarried, may have married a Dutcher.
17. Mahala ??? who married James Appleton [ two named Mahala?]
Wasco County, OR Marriages:
Salina Pyburn-Charles Warren 5 Feb 1900
THE OBSERVER, Sherman County, OR:
--1 Feb 1924 Mrs. J.A. Pyburn's mother, Mrs. Harry Blackwood of Wasco, is visiting in Rufus. Mrs. J.A. Pyburn's brother Arthur Warren went home to Skykomish.
--1901 Obit. Jacob Pyburn died 16 March 1901 pneumonia, lived at Rufus, OR 9 years.
28 Nov 1902 Referees sale of Sherman County real estate: Plaintiffs: Charlotte A. Benson, Ella Houser and Jasper Pyburn vs. George Rhodes, Riley Rhodes, Joseph Rhodes, unknown heirs of James Rhodes, unknown heirs of Azalla Morton dec'd, unknown heirs of Frank Pyburn, Lana (Caroline) James, Lucy Buchanan, V. Buchanan, Sadie Buchanan, William Pyburn, George Pyburn, Marshall Suver, Greenbury Suver, Elsie Snyder, Vesta Fletcher, Effie Burbank, Jane Armstrong, Belle Frakes, Caroline Fuqua; Sale subject to lease to one Jacob A. Pyburn which expires 29 Sept 1904.
Harry Blackwood was married to Jennie [ ---] who died at Lebanon, OR in 1944 aged 82, buried at Wasco, OR [grave not located]. Her/their daughter Clara married J.A. Pyburn.