Search for content in message boards

AFRICAN AMERICAN STITH FAMILY, Blackstone, VA

AFRICAN AMERICAN STITH FAMILY, Blackstone, VA

Terri Allen (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2002 4:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for any and all information regarding STITH/STITHE family born in Blackstone, VA.
Family lore states that these women were of white/irish descent, mulatto. They served as house servants/nurses on the plantation/farm.

ALICE (STITH) ? circa 1800 had at least one daughter;

SUSAN (STITH) circa 1838 had sis daughters;

STITH sisters circa 1850-1960 were:
CELIE,
KATHERINE (KATE),
TEMPE,
SUSAN,
MARY,
SARAH.

My great grandmother, CELIE, had one daughter, ANNA in 1899.

Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN STITH FAMILY, Blackstone, VA

Posted: 10 May 2002 4:16PM GMT
Surnames: FEATHERSTON, FOWLKES, JACKSON
Do not know of STITH in Blackstone, but know in Nottoway-next country over. Mable Stith was over 90 when I met her 4 years ago. She taught my mother. she was clearly of white ancestry. She died at least 2 years ago.

Posted: 2 Nov 2009 11:58AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2009 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: stith, scott
Hi, I'm researching my gggrandmother who was a stith Mary stith not sure where she was born only info I have is she married Benjamin F. Scott they had 12 children but they were out of Indiana. Is it possible that some of your Stith could have come this way? I have the names of the 12 children and several of their spouses but that's as far as I've gotten I hit a brick wall. An alternate email is kingofkings40203@yahoo.com

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 12:18PM GMT
Hi,
My grand mother, Sarah, and Mrs. or Miss Mabel STith were friends. They talked everyday, when she was alive. My email addresss is Lynjacxon@yahoo.com. I hope this helps.

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 12:37PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2012 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: stith
Hi,
I believe you came to my family reunion on year and talked about this. I have a Sarah Stith in my family line. My grandmother, Sarah, had a friend she talked to regularly, named Mabel Stith. Now, I begining to think they were cousins. I remember seeing the other stiths, but I dont remember their names. My email address is lynjacxon@yahoo.com , if you want to get in contact with me. I hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions