Search for content in message boards

JUDKINS

JUDKINS

Sharon D. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JUDKINS
I am looking for information on my ggg-grandparents, Nicholas and Mary JUDKINS. Their son, William Nicholas JUDKINS, was my gg-grandfather. William was born 18 January 1822 in Surry County. He moved to Preston County, West Virginia, about 1850, where he worked on the railroad.
Posted: 9 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: HUNT, JUDKINS, ELDRIDGE, JONES, RIVERS
Sharon, I am researching my Ancestors THOMAS HUNT & ELIZABETH JUDKINS of SURRY CO>, VA. They were born much earlier thatn your ancestor but surely there must be a kinship ! How many JUDKINS could there have been in Surry Co in the 1700 ^ 1800s. ? Perhaps if we share family info we may make a connection. I have Thomas Hunts Will & am having it transcribed . I couldn't read it , it was dated 1740 or 50 and the girl who is working on it says he was quite wealthy and names his wife and children. I have never heard of the name JUDKINS before. Wonder what nationality it is? Thanks , Linda

BURT/JUDKINS/COLE/JEMM

Bill Adams (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BURT, JUDKINS, COLE, JEMM
This morning I posted the following message which I did not connect with your messages. Am repeating the posting as a thread to your queries in Surry county:
Surnames: BURT, JUDKINS, COLE, JEMM

Will of William BURT, dated 3 Apr 1776 and recorded 26 November 1776 in Surry County, VA identifies sons Edward and Herrod (?Harwood?), daughters Margaret, Elizabeth COLE and Anne Judkins BURT. Son (Son-in-law) John COLE appointed an Executor.
In 1791, Anne Judkins BURT married Peter JEMM.
In 1796, Edward BURT married Elizabeth JUDKINS.
Seeking information of descendants of these BURT individuals Gladly share.

Bill Adams

Judkins Hunt

Jack Butler (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Butler, Jerkins
I would very much like to know the dates for the Surry County Hunt Judkins connection. I found a Judkins Hunt (that is his name) in the same place that my Zachariah Jerkins (listed in various records as Zachariah Judkins)in two different states - NC and GA. I am curious if he descends from you folk.

Judkins Hunt

Jack Butler (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jerkins
According to his own claims on his Revolutionary War pension application, Zachariah Judkins/Jerkins was born in 1754. He claims that he was living in Halifax County, NC. in 1776 when he enlisted in a NC Regiment. I have verified that he was there in 1784 & 85. I have a note that Judkins Hunt was in the area at that time, but I cannot now find my original record showing that, so this is suspect.

Halifax borders on VA, but is a couple of counties away from Surry. On the other hand, I know that Judkins Hunt was present in Hancock County, GA in 1820 when Zachariah Judkins/Jerkins was there with Charles Judkins, who I believe is Zachariah's brother. My interest is in trying to determine if this was truly coincidental or whether there was a connection.

In the 1700's and early 1800's, I have found the names Judkins and Jerkins used interchangeably in NC and on some records in VA. I had been researching my Jerkins line and have been amazed to find it turing into Judkins.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Judkins Hunt

Posted: 23 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Judkins, Hunt
Judkins Hunt was the brother of my ancestor, Thomas Hunt Jr. They were the sons of Thomas Hunt Sr, & Elizabeth Judkins. My Thomas Jr.( of Surry Co) was born 1705. Thomas Sr died, in 1759 . So Judkins Hunt could have been born from 1707 to ca 1735? In tha general timeframe as usually the first son was the Jr. What is the time frame of your Zachariah?

JUDKINS-WEBB

sharon gammon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am a descendant of John Thomas JUDKINS (1847 MO) and Mary Denton WEBB (1848 TN). Would like to track John Thomas' father William JUDKINS (d.1847 MO). Did William come to Wright-Texas-Pulaski Counties area from KY? William was married as second husband of Mary HUFF, dau of John HUFF (1781 VA) and Sarah KELSEY? (1782 TN). Mary HUFF was married first to Thomas F. WILCOX about 1835 in MO. After death of William JUDKINS, Mary HUFF married William Charles RIDEN in Oct 1847 in Texas Co, MO. Can anyone help me?
Thanks, jgammon@blomand.net

JUDKINS Family History

sharon gammon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Is there a family history (or is one being compiled) on the JUDKINS families in America? I'd like to purchase a copy.
Thanks, jgammon@blomand.net

Judkins/ McCarroll family

Daun Ledford (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Judkins, Mc Carroll, Leavell
This is what I have on the Judkins family. If you can help more please write.

William Harper Judkins
b. 1803 in Surry Co, Va.
d. 1854 in Little Rock, Ar.
Parents: Nathaniel Judkins and Mary Lane

married:
Sarah Roberts (no info)

Children Sarah and William

Alfred L.
William H.
Josie W.
Charles Fisher (my gg grandfather)
Augustus H. G.
Horance H.
David W.

Charles Fisher Judkins
b. ?
d. ?
m.
Sarah Elisabeth Mc Carroll

Child of Charles and Sarah :

Regina Creet Judkins (Very Little info)
b. 12/29/1898 in Smithville, Lawerence County, Ar.
d. 12/1972 in Las Vegas, Clark County, NV.

married:

1st husband: Oscar Franks ( no info)

2nd husband: James Renan Leavell (Lots of info)

JUDKINS HUNT

Carol Garrett (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HUNT
I am descended from Capt. Judkins Hunt, Sr., b. 1747, Bath Parish, Prince George (later Dinwiddie Co., VA; d. Dec. 1817, Hancock Co., GA (s/o Thomas Hunt and Frances Anne Goodwin/Goodwyn, Bath Parish, Prince George (later Dinwiddie) and Albemarle Parish, Sussex Co., VA); md., Martha Batte, 26 Dec 1769, Brunswick Co., VA. He served as Captain in the Sussex Co., Va Militia in 1777.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic