Search for content in message boards

John BAnks of hayward

John BAnks of hayward

Carren Horton (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Banks, Odegaard, Jorgensen, Christiansen
I am looking for any information pertaining to the ancestors or decendents of John Banks or Clara odegaard. They were married in hayward and lived there for the remainder of their lives. They had a son Clifford and a son Harland

Banks Marriage Cert

Carol Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
The marriage cert. of John Banks and Clara Odegard can be found in Vol.2 page 41 Book of Marriages in the Sawyer Co. Courthouse if you want to order a copy.

John Banks
father-Gary Banks
mother-Mary Banks
birthplace: Norway

Clara Odegard
father-Ole Odegard
mother-(?)Kary Odegard
birthplace-(I can't read this part)

Married Dec. 27, 1904
Witnesses: Martin Petersen

Annie Banks
Norwegian WE Church Hayward

Mention of Odegard's in 1920 Paper

Carol Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
This was in the Sawyer County Record Dec. 1920 under the column "City News in Brief"
Wilford Odegard after a weeks visit with his parents, Mr. and Mrs.Ole Odegard left for Virginia, Minn. where he has a position with a mining company."

Just thought it might be something interesting for your research. Carol Anderson

Re: John BAnks of hayward

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 8:06PM GMT
I am a great-granddaughter of John Banks & Clara Odegaard & granddaughter of Harlan Banks. I don't have much information on this side of my family tree, but my mother is quite familiar with the family's history. If you would like, I'd be happy to find out whatever information you might be interested in. What interest do you have in the family? Hope to hear from you soon.
-Jeanette

Posted: 11 Jul 2001 5:17AM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 5:54AM GMT
My grandmother is Clara Odegaard. My grandfather is John Banks. My dad is Clifford Banks, Harlan's brother. I have traced both grandma and grandpa's lines back to around 1800. I visited with Virginia about a year ago. I just haven't had time to do much since.

Re: Banks Marriage Cert

Posted: 27 May 2009 4:14AM GMT
Grandpa's name is John Banks married Clara Banks. His father was George Banks. In Norway it was Jorgen

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 9:33PM GMT
I too am a great-granddaughter of Harlan Banks..my grandmother was Cherrie. She is Harland daughter from his first marriage to Esther. I would appreciate any information you have on this side of the family.

Re:John BAnks of hayward

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 1:38PM GMT
I too am a great-grand daughter of John and grand daughter of Harland, my mother is Virginia of Hayward, she passed away in July 2012. I would like to hear from Cherrie's grand daughter, if she would be so kind to do that. Mom had spoke about Cherrie, but we didn't have much info to do so, but my youngest sister had sent me this article. Hope to hear from someone soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions