Search for content in message boards

Re: TUITELE

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 10:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:54PM GMT
Surnames: HUNKIN, TUITELE
My father, Benjamin Albert Tuitele aka "Penekila" was born in Leone, Tutuila, American Samoa on February 1, 1919 to Epati and Saine Tuitele. My father passed away September 7, 1992 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
At that time, his younger sister- Tina Paopao, helped me trace back our family tree. I am interested in tracing my grandmother's family's heritage back to England. (I remember my father telling me that we could trace family roots back to England!) Saine's maiden name was Hunkin. She was the daughter of Mele Faive and Matthew Hunkin. According to my Aunty Tina, Matthew Hunkin's ethnicity was English/Chinese and he worked as a Soap maker and Shepherd. (Ok, working as a Shepherd in England but not in American Samoa! I didn't see any sheep while on my visit to American Samoa in 1985.) If anyone knows the Tuiteles, Faives or Hunkin families living in American Samoa, I'd appreciate any information. Thank you! Deb Tuitele
Posted: 16 Mar 2002 3:50AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: Hunkin,Iereneo,Tuitele
Hi!! My name is Clara Mamaioa Iereneo-Porter from Hayward, CA. It was great to see all the information and family up on this site. My parents LUSIA RIPLEY TAVITA and LEFIU R. IERENEO from Leone, Am. Samoa. My fathers mother is TALITAUA MAMAIOA TOFOIPUPU TUITELE. Her parents are SAINI HUNKIN and UAINE TUITELE. If there is anyone out there who would like to keep in contact or exchange some geneology information it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. **************************kalalamamaioa****************************

Re: Tuitele Family of Leone, Tutuila, American Samoa

Edited: 16 Nov 2006 7:00PM GMT
Hi!! My name is Clara Mamaioa Iereneo-Porter from Hayward, CA. It was great to see all the information and family up on this site. My parents LUSIA RIPLEY TAVITA and LEFIU R. IERENEO from Leone, Am. Samoa. My fathers mother is TALITAUA MAMAIOA TOFOIPUPU TUITELE. Her parents are SAINI HUNKIN and UAINE TUITELE. If there is anyone out there who would like to keep in contact or exchange some geneology information it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. **************************kalalamamaioa****************************

Edited: 16 Nov 2006 8:49PM GMT

Posted: 20 Mar 2002 12:29AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:45PM GMT
Hi Clara!
Check out the website! I tried emailing after being contacted that you had responded. Server had problems over the weekend!
Deb

Posted: 20 Mar 2002 3:41AM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2006 8:11PM GMT
are you SURE it's Epati/Saini or is it TUITELE UAINE?SAINI HUNKIN?? evidentally, one of us is CONFUSED!!

Edited: 16 Nov 2006 8:50PM GMT
are you SURE it's Epati/Saini or is it TUITELE UAINE?SAINI HUNKIN?? evidentally, one of us is CONFUSED!!

Edited: 16 Nov 2006 6:58PM GMT
Posted: 20 May 2002 1:05AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Hunkin
Hi, Whilst looking on the net for information re Matthew Hunkin for my friend Lillay, Lillay family has known that Matthew was a missionary from Cornwall UK, and that he was with the London Missionary Society, I found the following that may be of interest and backs up this belief.(Matthew's name appears in text below...)
http://www.fiu.edu/~harveyb/imperialism1.html
Members of Evangelical Groups 1797-1860
This section includes a few of the official missionaries, both lay and ordained, sent to the Pacific Islands before 1860. Biographical details cover place of birth, education, and occupational status at the time of joining, as well as the services they contributed to the missions.
I. London Missionary Society
Elijah Armitage (1780- ?), born in Manchester, England. He was a congregational cotton manufacturer and artisan missionary on Tahiti 1821-23, Moorea 1823-33, and Rarotonga 1833-35. Samuel Harper (1770-1819) grew up in Manchester. Harper was a mechanic missionary on Tongatapu from 1797-1800. Matthew Hunkin (1815-88) was a member of the mission church and helper resident on Tuluila and Manu’a (1841-49). John Youl (1773-1827) was born in London. He was a Calvinist Methodist itinerant preacher and minister. He served as a minister in Tahiti from 1801-07.

Posted: 1 Jun 2002 6:18AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Hunkin
Hello Louise,
Thank you! I found that same article! I was able to gather more information with the dates given in the article. I've used Google.com to gather information about the Hunkin Family in Megavissey-Cornwall, England.
Aloha,
Deb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic