Search for content in message boards

FLICKINGER, ELIAS, QUIMBY, HAL, WILSE, GRACE, GUY IN CANADA, OHIO, IOWA, NORTH DAKOTA

FLICKINGER, ELIAS, QUIMBY, HAL, WILSE, GRACE, GUY IN CANADA, OHIO, IOWA, NORTH DAKOTA

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 9:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FLICKINGER, ELIAS, QUIMBY, HAL, WILSE, GRACE, GUY
I have just started my family tree on the Flickinger family.
You mentioned the Flickinger family in 1927. There seem
to be many of us and I am not sure if this will help or if
you have any info that will help me trace my family back
past my grandfather Guy Gaylord Flickinger born in Iowa
according to my father's account in his memoirs. From
what I have found, Guy Gaylord Flickinger was born
Dec. 10, 1893 in Iowa and died May 7, 1966 in Los
Angeles. I am sure this is my grandfather. His father was
Elias Flickinger. My father said his family came to New York in the 1815's, moved to Ohio where Elias was born. He had
10 children, Guy the youngest, Hal, Wilse, Quimby, Grace are the names I have read. Guy's mother died when he was young and some of the other brothers moved to Canada. Guy
met Mabel Glass in Iowa and they married in Staples, Minnesota and moved to Colgate, North Dakota in the early
1900's. There they had 9 children starting in 1918, Isabelle, Mabel, Gertrude, Robert (my father), Frank, Macolm, Guy Eddie, Elias and David. My grandfather Guy Gaylord Flickinger and my grand mother Mabel (Glass) Flickinger both retired in Los Angeles and both died there. My older sister Joan Flickinger 52, myself (Janice Flickinger Ritter 50, my younger sister Elise Flickinger Harrison 49 and my brother Guy Gaylord Flickinger all live in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area--9 children and one 10 month old grandchild Dylan Bob Anderson. I know the family lived in New York, Ohio, Iowa, North Dakota, Alberta Canada and worked on the railroad plus other details. If you have anything specific that relates to our family, I would appreciate hearing from you and
would of course share anything I come across. Thanks, Janice E. Ritter

Re: FLICKINGER, ELIAS, QUIMBY, HAL, WILSE, GRACE, GUY IN CANADA, OHIO, IOWA, NORTH DAKOTA

Posted: 6 Apr 2004 12:13PM GMT
Elias Flickinger (1851-1938) married Julia Ann Easterday on December 12, 1872 in Asland Co., Ohio. I have information on her ancestry if that would be of interest to you. As far as I know she was the mother of his various children and not the 2nd wife. Julia died about 1903.
HOWARD LANHAM

Re: FLICKINGER, ELIAS, QUIMBY, HAL, WILSE, GRACE, GUY IN CANADA, OHIO, IOWA, NORTH DAKOTA

Kathryn Nealy (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2004 5:26AM GMT
This is my family. Guy was my mother's father. Any information you have about Julie Easterday (mother of Guy and wife of Elias) would be appreciated.

Howard G. Lanham (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2004 12:48PM GMT
Julia Ann Easterday was born February 26, 1853 in Ohio, the oldest child of Michael Easterday and his wife Amelia Royer (family bible records). Julia died June 06, 1909 in Black Hawk Co., Iowa (data on Black Hawk Co., Iowa Web Page). Michael Easterday was born about 1813 in Maryland and died about 1865 in Ohio (census and estate records). He took license to marry Amelia Royer March 11, 1852 in Richland Co., Ohio (marriage license). Michael's parents are Michael Easterday stated to have been born January 01, 1775 in Maryland and died August 19, 1849 in Ashland Co., Ohio (census and family bible records). His wife is listed in the family bible as Elizabeth who was born July 05, 1787. Other family sources give her surname as Bull. Here the trail becomes confused. There is a Michael Easterday, son of Micheal Easterday (1754-1837) of Washington Co, Maryland who is unaccounted for. He last appears in the Maryland census, married with two children. Washington Co. Land records establish that his wife was named Elizabeth, but church records give his birth as December 11, 1786 and this does appear correct looking at the marriage date of his parents and birth dates of other children. Either the family bible date of 1775 is incorrect or these are two different Michael Easterdays. If these are different people there are no other unaccounted for mentions of a Michael Easterday in Maryland known to me.

Kathryn Nealy (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2004 1:39PM GMT
Howard, thanks so much. This gives me a great basis to get started. If I come across anything two Michaels or an explanation of the dates, I'll post. Thanks again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic