Search for content in message boards

Yamaska Lafonds

Yamaska Lafonds

Posted: 9 Aug 2004 1:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lafond
I am looking for information on my 3rd great grandmother, Adelaide LaFond and/or her possible family. Recent searches have lead me to believe that she may have been born on Feb 7 1823 somewhere near Baie du Febvre, Yamaska, QC. Her parents could be Jean Baptiste Lafond, born Dec 17 1778 and Marie Anne Courchesne born 2 Jul 1794, both in Baie de Febvre. I know that Adelaide had a brother named Peter (Pierre), and possibly two others, Jean Baptiste and Moses. Adelaide and her sibblings were born in Canada but she moved with her parents and several of her sibblings to the Green Bay, Wisconsin prior to 1840.

I would appreciate any information on these ancestors or any guidance anyone can give me as to where I may find birth information for Yamaska in the early 1800's.

Re: Yamaska Lafonds

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 5:50PM GMT
Rather strange replying to myself, however, I have received updated information that indicates that the Adelaide LaFond I had previously listed is not my 3rd great grandmother. I would like to thank those that helped with the search.

Monique Pratt (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2004 5:38PM GMT
Hi Donald, for now I give you your ancestors' marriages. In my spare times I will get you, if possible, their births and deaths dates. I would like to inform you that Marie-Anne Courchesne descends from an Indian, I also later will send you her ancestors.
Jean-Baptiste Lafond m 29 apr 1816 Baie-du-Febvre, Marie-Anne Courchesne (d/o Joseph and Catherine Caya). He had a first m 15 jan 1811 St-François-du-Lac, Anne Laforce (d/o Joseph and Marie-Anne Gauthier).
Jean-Baptiste Lafond m 17 nov 1777 Baie-du-Febvre, Marie-Antoinette Benoît (d/o Gabriel and Marie-Reine Durand).
Claude Lafond m 18 oct 1746 Varennes, Marie Geoffrion (d/o Joseph and Marie-Anne Larocque).
Pierre Lafond m 13 aug 1715 Batiscan, Marie-Jeanne Lefebvre (d/o Ange and Marie-Madeleine Cusson).
Jean Lafond m 12 oct 1670 by contract Notary Ameau, Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Catherine Sénécal (d/o Adrien and Guillemette Rolleville).
Étienne de Lafond m 30 jan 1645 Notre-Dame Cathedrale, Québec city, Marie Boucher (d/o Gaspard and Nicole Lemaire).
Pierre de Lafond m in France Françoise Prieur, they are from St-Laurent-de-la-Barrière, arrodissement de St-Jean-d'Angely,
ville de Saintes, province de Saintonge (Charente-Maritime)France.
Bye for now, Monique

Posted: 6 Feb 2005 3:56AM GMT
Actually send a response to harduz@gsinet.net as this is the new email address.

Your inquiry asks about individuals that are part of my family tree as my mother's maiden name is Lafond. ACGS or American Canadian Geneological Society is located at 4 Elm Street in Manchester NH. 603-622-1554. They have volumes and volumes of birth, baptismal, marriage and death records from a vast majority of the churches in Canada. I have gone back as far as 1516 France. If you are not in the area, let them know and they will help you by doing some research for you. They are a wonderful, knowledgeable group.

Good Luck and have fun !

Bonnie

Posted: 9 May 2009 8:05PM GMT
My husband's great great grandmother was Sophia LaFond born 5/5/1831 to Jean Baptiste and Marie Anne Courchesne. It was very interesting to see your post and obtain this information. If you have birth and death dates or any other information, I would be most grateful. We are also looking to find information on the LaForce family from the St Francis du Lac or Pierreville area. Sophia LaFond married Louis LaForce in St. Thomas de Pierreville onm 9/29/1857. They moved to Two Rivers Wisconsin after their marriage. If you have any ideas on where I can begin to look, I would again be most appreciative.

You can send info to my email address: mjlafond@charter.net

Sherry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic