Search for content in message boards

William Peacock,Marghafelt, Ireland

William Peacock,Marghafelt, Ireland

Ronda Tosev(peacock) (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 1:28AM GMT
I am trying to trace my great great grandfathers family. They lived in Ireland and Williams son, Thomas and his wife Johanna migrated to Australia in approx. 1844.I know the history once they arrived in Oz but can not seem to get back any further than William Peacock who married margaret Jackson. William was born in 1771 in marghafelt, County Derry Ireland. Anyone who has any info it would be hugely appreciated Thanks

Re: William Peacock,Marghafelt, Ireland

Posted: 6 Aug 2008 1:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Peacock
Ronda,

I am currently researching the Magherafelt Church of Ireland records and have found a number of Peacock's listed. Let me know if you are interested.

Also, because you have roots in that area of Ireland, you are eligible to join a free "Rootsweb" genealogical discussion group called Ballymaguigan Roots. It consists of others who trace their ancestry to that part of Ireland and we exchange information that helps everyone's research.

Let me know.

Ron Dale

Ron Dale

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 7:37PM GMT
I would really like any information on the Peacocks listed in the Magherafelt Church of Ireland as the Thomas and Johanna Peacock from the original post are my great, great grandparents also.
Thanks for your help
Dee

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Peacock
There are a number of Peacocks in the records and I assume that they are related but I am uncertain as to how they are related. There was a William Peacock (Jr) and his wife Mary who buried a daughter in the Mfelt Church of Ireland in 1718 and baptised another in 1719. They had at least 8 children but the only son I could find died in 1733. There was also an Oliver Peacock and an Andrew Peacock who were contemporaries of the above William Jr. If there was a junior there must have been a William sr. who was perhaps the original settler ca 1690 and the others sons. This of course is speculation. If you wish, I can send a GEDCOM containing whatever Peacock information I have gleaned from the records. Email me at ronaldjdale@netscape.net if you so wish.

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 7:36PM GMT
Hi there,

Thomas and Johanna are also my great great grandparents through their son Joseph. Just thought I would say hi

Dee Salt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions