Search for content in message boards

Nathan SIMS/Sims of NC>SC>GA>MSLA

Nathan SIMS/Sims of NC>SC>GA>MSLA

Ralph Sims (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 8:04AM GMT
I am searching for ANY info on Nathan SIMS who was born 1720 in Granville County, NC, and died January 20, 1803 in Abbeville County, SC. He married (1) Agnes BULLOCK, daughter of Richard BULLOCK and Ann HENLEY. He married (2) Mary DOWNS.

On January 20, 1803, his Will was proved in Abbeville County, SC

Children of Nathan SIMS and Agnes BULLOCK are:
i. Martin SIMS, b. December 16, 1754, Granville County, NC, d. April 07, 1822, Franklin County, GA.
ii. John SIMS, b. Abt. 1758.
iii. Leonora SIMS, b. 1760.
iv. Sarah SIMS, b. Abt. 1764.
v. Agnes SIMS, b. Abt. 1768.
vi. William SIMS, b. Abt. 1770.
vii. George SIMS, b. Abt. 1771.
viii. Starling SIMS, b. 1773.
ix. Susannah SIMS, b. Abt. 1775.
x. Leonard SIMS, b. October 04, 1776.
xi. William SIMS, b. 1780.
xii. Amelia SIMS, b. Abt. 1785.

sims

glenda (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 1999 6:42PM GMT

William Brittain Simms SC?>GA>LA b1821

Nancy Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 4:36PM GMT
Do you have any information on this William Simms? Married Hariet Jane Burns of GA and moved to Louisiana around 1840 or so. Thanks

William Brittain Simms

Jane Sims Brittain (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2000 1:15PM GMT
Nancy,
Would you happen to know at where the Simms and Brittain connection took place in your line? I know this is a shot in the dark but it may be worth it! My Sims and Brittain families are mostly in the northern states but it was said that the Brittain family in the south split off of the northern family.
This may be a round about way of doing research but every angle is worth a try. Thanks, Jane

William Brittain Simms SC?>GA>LA

Nancy Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2000 2:02PM GMT
William Brittain Simms b. 1821 is as far back as I can get. Don't know his parentage, so can't say where the Brittain came from. All I know for sure is that he came to Louisiana around 1840 from Georgia, I think. Settled and died here. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Re: Nathan SIMS/Sims of NC>SC>GA>MSLA

Posted: 2 Mar 2003 1:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I know this is an old post, but are you still interested in info on them? I may be able to help a little. June Anderson, GA

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 7:32PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 12:45AM GMT
Surnames: Sims
Saw your post to Ralph's message and since yours is newer, I will write to you first. My maternal Sims family hails from Virginia and one of my ancestors, Waller (Walter?) married a Mary Bradley in the Abbeville District of South Carolina. Both my maternal and paternal line is Sims and my paternal line hails from North Carolina. I would very much be interested in hearing from you.
Joyce Sims Severt
dsevert@cox.net

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 7:34PM GMT
My maternal Sims family hails from Virginia and one of my ancestors, Waller (Walter?) married a Mary Bradley in the Abbeville District of South Carolina. Both my maternal and paternal line is Sims and my paternal line hails from North Carolina. I would very much be interested in hearing from you.
Joyce Sims Severt
dsevert@cox.net

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 8:05PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2003 4:29PM GMT
Thanks for answering...I only recently got this info, so it's all pretty fresh to me. Edward Sims, b. 1702, in New Kent Co., VA, m. Elizabeth Duke, b. 1715, same county. They had Nathan Sims, b 1720 Granville Co., NC, d. 1-20-1803, Abbeville Co., SC, m. Agnes Bullock, b. 1732, Granville Co., NC. After her death, he m. Mary Downs. He and Agnes had: Amelia, b. ca 1785, d. Feb., 1841 Greenville, Wayne Co., MO. She had m. Richard Griffin, b. ca 1765 Halifax Co., VA, d. 1799 Lincoln Co., GA. They m. in Coronac, Abbeville Co., SC. Amelia was b. ca 1785 Granville Co., NC. They would be my great-great-great-great grandparents. Got any comments? Thanks. June in GA

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 8:41PM GMT
June, I’m afraid that I don’t have information on any of the people whose names you mentioned. I’m chasing my brick wall, Waller/Walter Sims, b. Virginia, ca. 1793 and died Bet. 1866 – 1870 in Alabama, either Pike or Butler County. He married Mary Bradley, b. ca. 1801, South Carolina, died Bet. 1874 – 1880, Pike County, Alabama. I have nothing on either of them prior to these dates. The message that Ralph posted had dates so near the time my Waller was born and there is also a possibility that Waller could be William; I just don’t know. I have traced their children from South Carolina to Pike County, Alabama and beyond, but I need to get farther back to locate parents of either Mary or Waller. At one time, it was thought that Mary might possibly be a child of Patrick Bradley and Jane McFarland/McFarlane Bradley of Lower Long Cane, South Carolina. Who knows; we might one day find a connection but right now, I can’t identify with your names and I am truly sorry. Thank you for responding.
Joyce

per page

Find a board about a specific topic