Search for content in message boards

family crest or logo

family crest or logo

Mike Tedder (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 7:59AM GMT
I have been desperately trying to find some picture or description of the Tedder family crest or logo. If any of you other Tedders have any input you could give me I would be very grateful. Thanx a lot

Family Crest of Logo

Posted: 25 Jul 2000 8:22PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2002 3:37PM GMT
Are you speaking of a Coat of Arms? I have a couple of those that are attributed as being the Tedder coat of arms. But according to Loyd Bockstruck, supervisor over the genealogical department, at the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library in Dallas, TX, there is no such thing as a coat of arms. According to him a coat of arms was given to an individual not to a family and when that person passed away, so did the honor. If other's have another opinion/knowledge I'd appreciate hearing it.

ask for pics of coat of arms

Mike Tedder (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2000 7:52AM GMT
Edith, if you could send me some pics of the coat of arms that yoou have I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much for your reply.

Coats of Arms

L. K. Stevenson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2001 12:31PM GMT
what you've been told is generally true...an individual is granted a coat of arms, and unders normal conditions, that coat of arms is passed down to his eldest son and so on...not all people of the same surname have a right to that coat of arms, technically, not even the younger sons of the man to whom it was awarded...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic